New Light(TM) is it to keep the JWs interested?

by punkofnice 14 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I think they see as a good way to drum up enthusiasm amongst the rank and file. With increased enthusiasm comes better meeting attendance, more hours in the ministry, etc. NuLite TM also helps J-dubs feel like the fulfillment of prophecy is that much closer. Whenever there's been NuLite TM recently, many of the Jdubs I know view it as a sign that "the end must be SOOO CLOSE!"

It's not like world events have been very coopertive lately that the goverments will turn on religion, or that "Peace and Security!" is about to be declared, so instead of sitting on their hands waiting for nothing to happen, NuLite TM helps keep everyone thinking the Great Trib is going to start any day now.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I think its also to prevent a sort of "tradition", since dubs are so against that, ya know.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

George Orwell 1984 ....... Its just the mechanism for the Ministry of Truth to alter JW history,today.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ding - Russell and the GB..hmmmm...how many million miles apart are they? Perhaps not much. All arrogant filth. Yes! It's a cult....a very obscene cult at that.

Respectful_Observer - I hope the end that is so close is the end of the WBT$

Honeybucket - They don't want to be like the churches........they are pedalling their ''new improved'' product

snare&racket - There are so many similarities between the JW cult and 1984. There was even a ''Brother Rutherford'' in 1984.....un-person. Double plus good!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree that its one of the main draws, especially to the assemblies. And, assemblies are one of their main money makers.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit