Quick Question regarding faithful slave and apostle

by sosoconfused 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Since we have a new understanding of the faithful and discreet slave not appearing until 1919, and in turn no one giving the proper food at the proper time... does this wipe out the validity of the gospel accounts and all the rest of the Greek scriptures?

I know I am missing out on something here, but is this the line of reasoning that one can gather from this latest announcement?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

The only logical answer should be...Yes! That's why the WT-magazine is more important than the bible.

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

They run the line that there was a governing body/faith slave in the first century, back when Paul and all the others were around, but after that, this arrangement magicaly disappeared for hundreds of years....until 1919!

• *lost*
    *lost*

sosoconfused

i get confused now about everything too. i had no idea all of these things here happening. just found out 'TTATT'

i just got a new book to read (only just started) jehovahs kingdom is here. could be total crap, lol .. but he does appear so far to give indepth explanations abot these things, and points out the lies taught... so far so good. he does however appear to come acroaa more for than against wt. so i will see what happens. as long as its an easy read, no stress, i'll stick with it.

regards

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

@*lost*: Just beware that 'great learning does not drive you mad' :-) There's plenty of time to take in new information. If God exists and is loving, he won't kill you because you were taking time off from religion to try to learn the real truth, nor will he kill you for reading a little too slowly. There's way too much information out there to take it all in quickly and produce any useful conclusions.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

No.

This teaching doesn't change much really, that's why most JW's will just accept it.

All it is claiming is that the "faithful and discreet slave" was a last days arrangement.

One can read more into it, but it is really only a technicality as far as the Organization goes.

They aren't claiming that God's spirit wasn't active or that there weren't anointed ones throughout the centuries ... as they still consider CT Russell an anointed servant, just not part of the FDS as the FDS ARRANGEMENT began after Jesus was enthroned in 1914 and was cleansed from Babylon the Great to go forward as God's Organization in 1919 ... as far as I can tell ... the wheat (true Christians) and the weeds (not the real thing) were still growing together since after the exit of the apostles.

What they've done is relieved themselves of having to identify a F&DS class that existed between the first and twentieth centuries and have reduced the impact of CT Russell's false propecies as he wasn't the slave yet, just an anointed Christian who was sincere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit