I got my attempted memorial guilt trip just now....

by Witness My Fury 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Knock on the door and COBE and wife (my old group overseer) standing in the cold.

Bollocks! ...I consider for about 1 second leaving them out there and just talking holding the door... but think better of it as it was cold an so invited them to step inside.

Just passing thru and doing some calls he says, ... i know why he's here and after the preliminaries (how are you, we miss you etc), I preempted him and sped things right along.

"I can guess why you are here" I said, "it being memorial season and all." He makes a jokey point about nothing gets past me does it.

He looks uncomfortable, then does the invite manouver and says "You are welcome to come" followed by "we'd like to see you there."

I reply "duly noted." Then let him do more talking repeating the same points again.

I reply a second time, "duly noted." His wife presses for an answer... "He'll be there." she says optimistically to her husband, "you'll be there won't you?" she says to me directly. I ignore it completely and say nothing.

He repeats the offer and that they would like to see me there. Again I say, "thanks for the invite, it's been duly noted."

He makes a comment about my stubborn personality into the air, I dont respond. We say our good byes.

They know I wont be going, but blind themselves with hope.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

witness, lol typical, i think you were respectful but honest,i can only imagine what they said when they left,

• Fernando
    Fernando

Trawling through the "mentally diseased" dregs of faders, dissenters and ex-members suggests a desperate last ditch attempt to shore up a collapsing corrupt publishing empire...

Maybe not an entirely dumb move if one considers the possibility that those who have left far outnumber those remaining.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• TheSophist
    TheSophist

It's remarks like that "Stubborn personality" that really get my blood boiling! They think everyone "knows it's the truth" and "know what's right" so when someone doesn't want to be a zombie like them they view you as puffed up and stubborn. They are all so blind they can't even see their hand in front of their face. It makes me so angry.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

I really have compassion for them...it's been my experience they just don't know.

• They don't know they have been duped, mis directed, lied to, deceived!
    • They don't know they are not in control of their own minds.

Sad but true!

SW

• stillin
    stillin

Yup. You're mentally diseased.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi, from one "stubborn, stiff-necked" person to another! Be grateful for stubbornness.

That's what my mother called me all through my teen years as JW. I'm a proud stubborn person who isn't going to crumble or try to appease people like that.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

That COBE was rude. Why would he think he was not offensive? I wonder what stories, his wife is hiding, behind her quiet and mild demeanor.

Just Lois

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would simply let them freeze. Even if it was -50 out with wind speeds of 150 km/h, I would never let the witlesses in. All they would do is try and drag me right back to the boasting sessions, and not leave until they got me committed to going back. And their filthy angels would cause problems, including possibly forcibly dragging me to the REJECT Astaroth Party and then forcing me to be hosted by a witless that is particularly strict. None of which I would wish to risk.

At the least, that thing would probably insist that I pull down my Christmas decorations, start rummaging through my music and video collection, look through whatever books I have and start censoring me for them, demand passcodes for my computer so they could censor what I am viewing online, and so on. I don't care how cold it is--they can freeze, for all I care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit