If the memorial falls on a meeting night.....

by carla 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I have forgotten, can someone tell me if the (Reject Jesus) Memorial falls on a regular meeting night do they make up the Tues meeting another night next week?

• pbrow
    pbrow

My kid just asked me the same question yesterday!

From what I remember when I was younger the precious meeting is just lost..... forever!

Maybe there is a god??

pbrow

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know of no strict rule but generally the instruction is to schedule the normal meeting on another day, if available.

In KH's with 4 or 5 congregations meeting in them, this poses a real problem. I recall in the past, we were told just to go to another one of the congregations that meets in our KH on a different night of the week.

Rub a Dub

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

From the horse's mouth ...

*** km 3/12 p. 4 Announcements ***
    The Memorial will be held on Thursday, April 5, 2012. If your congregation normally has meetings on Thursday, these are to be switched to another day of the week if the Kingdom Hall is available. If this is not possible and your Service Meeting is affected, the parts that are particularly applicable to your congregation may be incorporated into another Service Meeting.
    *** km 2/11 p. 4 Announcements ***
    No meetings other than those for field service are to be held on Sunday, April 17, the day of the Memorial. Congregations that normally have a congregation meeting that day may move it to another day of the week. Where several congregations share the Kingdom Hall and a meeting cannot be rescheduled, the meeting may be canceled. In such cases, families are encouraged to consider the Watchtower Study material during their Family Worship evening.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub
    From the horse's mouth ...

wannabefree ...

Thank you for looking that up ... I was just lazy but that is what we have always been told ... you're on your own and find another congregation to go to on another night.

Rub a Dub

• subytrek
    subytrek

Even when I was a devout believer I always had trouble with trying to shoehorn the regular meetings the same week as the memorial. It just made the memorial seem less special, like it it was just another meeting and no got any breaks. I always thought they should just cancel all the meetings for that week and only have the memorial. Then it would seem special. I mean they cancel the mid week meetings for all the assemblies but not the memorial; only if it fall on that exact night and there is no way to have it another night. It does seem they don't find Jesus to be all that important after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit