I gave blood this week

by MMXIV 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Not for the first time, notched up 11 donations so far. Would have been far more but I've been declined quite a few times for various reasons such as having a cold, dental work and trips abroad. They check for HIV, Hepatitis B & C as well as some other diseases each time I give here in the UK. I know many of the other people who give at my office and I'd be happy to receive a pint of blood from any of them.

Plenty would like to give and can't so for as long as I can I going to carry on giving and who knows, maybe save the odd JW's life - fractionally that is!

I'm on the organ donor list too as had a relative that needed an organ and ran out of time too quick to get one. Tough topic to consider but if we all made the effort there would be some more very grateful people among us now.

mmxiv

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I gave blood last week--first time ever. My hematology class helped out with a local blood drive, so I signed up to donate while I was there.

:P Watchtower!

• zeb
    zeb

A British radio/tv comedian Tony Hancock did a show called the "Blood Donor". Watch it if its available it is priceless.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I don't weigh enough to give blood...but I would like to be an organ donor, they're healthy organs!

• talesin
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

I would like to do so, but I don't think anyone wants my crappy blood!

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I did it for the first time last year. I don't know if I'll do it again because I didn't like the feeling of my body afterwards. Was a good experience though and I'm glad to help somebody

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good for you

Your donation may be used to save someone's life .

• talesin
    talesin

I can't give blood. :(

It would be the ULTIMATE act of defiance, too, what a pity! :P

tal /

• blondie
    blondie

Great everyone. My husband and I have been donating every 8 weeks for 4 years. If you can't give, can you convince a friend, a co-worker to do so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit