My story

by truthseeker1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Celia
    Celia

TruthSeeker,
    enjoyed this story very much.
    This is not the end, just the beginning.
    Hopefully, with your love and your help, your wife will also see the light and get out of the cult.
    Good luck.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

My email is secure so thats cool. Sorry bout posting in different parts. I'll just compose off line and paste. Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. I'm buying the book tonight! Feel free to email, i need some honest friends.

• JBean
    JBean

Truthseeker... welcome, I enjoyed reading about your situation so far. Looking forward to more! So many of us are in similar types of predicaments...it sounds as if you are on the right path now, though. Keep the faith! : ) Jbean

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

truthseeker I am from the Fresno area, I live in the Clovis foothills. If me or my husband can be of any help let me know. What congregation do you currently (not) attend.
    You can e-mail me at [email protected]

• out4good3
    out4good3

Truthseeker

I was reading about your relationship with your wife when it comes the WT and I had the feeling of Deja Vu. Your wife mirrors the exact things my wife does about the WT. The contradicting and conflicting reasoning. She wont go see a movie that has spiritistic overtones, but can't wait to see the new Star Wars Movies when they come out. I guess "the Force" is acceptable spiritism to her.

If she's like my wife be prepared for an emotional outburst the likes of which you haven't seen before from her when you make the announcement that you're not going to meetings anymore. I thought my wife was plenty prepared when I broke that news to her also. It was like she was oblivious to all the examples I was giving her to the WT hipocrisy and the need to be true to yourself. After about two years of long intermittant discussions on this matter I finally had to tell her that if our marriage was to last that on this subject we'd just have to disagree and that I would not be coerced or "guilt tripped" into going back.

Getting out was probably the best decision I've ever made for the both of us. Hopefully, soon, she'll see it that way also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit