Tips for my Job interview today

by whathehadas 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Best way to prepare on the day of is to do a crossword or other puzzle to get your mind in the right frame.

To answer the weakness question, mention an innocuous weakness (not your worst one) and also describe how you compensate.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The trick with the weaknesses question is that you dont answer it with your weaknesses, you answer it with a strength that you make out is a weakness...

I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist (if the role requires attention to detail etc).

I dont delegate very well (if the role requires you to NOT delegate)

I expect too much of myself.

Etc etc

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

If I was hiring someone for that type of job, I am assuming you will be going to peoples home and offices to help them with their pest control issues.

1. Someone trust worthy, clean criminal background, good manners, and an over all decent person.

2. Patient listener and accomodating personality. I would not want someone that says, sorry I am not going to lay a rat trap b/c my order sheet says just to spray for roaches. Lay the damn rat trap and call the office or adjust the invoice or at least ask for the procedure on that. You would be surprised how many rude people just go, nope that's not my job.

3. Someone willing to do a through job and do the ugly stuff, handle did animals, etc...

• Mum
    Mum

Watch your body language. Keep your arms at your sides, not in front of your body. Don't cross your legs. Appear relaxed, not tense or anxious. Smile a lot. Exude confidence. Answer questions with a confident voice. Pretend you are interviewing them, and ask good questions. Formulate some questions before you go. Look up info online about interviewing.

Good luck!

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

What are your weaknesses? Say: I care too much and sometimes get taken advantage of. (just a thought)

When I got my first part time job in high school. One of my teachers said to be confident. When the interviewer comes in smile and shake his hand.

When I got the job (at a shoe store) my boss told me later I got the job because when he walked in I stood up, smiled and shook his hand.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Dress nicely and always maintain eye contact.

Very important! One bit of advice I'd give is, relax and be conversational. Ask questions that indicate you're interested in knowing more about the job. Every interview I've ever went on I treated as if it was part of my initial training, and mostly all ended in success. They all know you're interested in the job already, hence the interview, but just HOW interested are you is something they're attempting to ascertain. Plus with a job like that where customer interaction is a major part of the job, they're going to see how much of a people person you are. Not saying be cocky, but be relaxed and converse with whomever is doing your interview.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Update: The interview went fine, though it kind of suprised me with 3 people questioning me. A Judicial meeting setting. Some of the questions that I reviewed were ask. The one I had a little trouble with, was how did I handle a difficult situation. I gave a example and they were asking for some more detail. I had to make something up on the fly, though the situation did happen. My involvement in it wasn't to the point where I described. I did feel more comfortable as time progressed in the 30 minute interview. The open questioning at the end was great for me and we shared some laughs. Hopefully, they will call me back. Thanks for all your suggestions.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

Well done Whathehadas,

Here's to hoping you get the call back!

Keep us posted

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    The open questioning at the end was great for me and we shared some laughs.

Good luck, although I don't think you need or needed any.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Good luck to you, I hope you get the job.

My son just got a job at KFC yesterday (he's 15!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit