bye

by Hortensia 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Pontoon's topic "an old friend" was nice. I thought of my best friends when in the org. and sent one final email:

"I'm cleaning up my email list, and figure I'll just delete yours. But I want to make sure you have my email address if you want it. I'm still the same old friend and I'm here if you ever need me."

I've been hanging on to that email address for 20 years or so. I figure it's time to move on, but wanted to reach out one more time to them.

It made me think about natural love. If you really love people, you don't turn it off one day just because someone tells you to do so. I'm still fond of those folks in memory, even though they haven't spoken to me in decades. But, time to let the memory go.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Well, at least you are not saying bye to us! We don't want to lose you. That is what I was afraid of when I read your topic line.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes you had me worried there for a minute Hortensia.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh, that wasn't fair, was it! Sorry . . .

Just a little nostalgia for old friends.

• cofty
    cofty

Hope you are well and getting through the winter OK.

We were heading for spring and then it was cancelled until future notice.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm fine. Great weather here today, but it keeps alternating between spring and winter. It's hard to know what to wear every day since the weather is so changeable.

We got a lot of snow up higher yesterday, Mount Shasta looks fabulous today in the bright sunshine. I hope everything is OK with you, too!

• cofty
    cofty

Doing well thanks - summer is coming.

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

I was a bit concerned too.....don't really know you, but don't want to lose you either. Good on ya.....moving on.

• moshe
    moshe
    I'm still the same old friend and I'm here if you ever need me."

My best buddy from school- one room country school all the way through high school dropped off my radar about 20 years ago- he was a truck driver and we met up as he passed through town on a run- had a great evening together. Due to moves we lost touch- last year I remembered his wife's first name and ran a people search using her name and located my old friend- we talked on the phone for 30 minutes. He blamed me for not staying in touch- he said I moved (well he did , too) and he didn't have any way to locate me- "did you think about calling my IBEw union hall and asking them, if they could pass your phone number on to me?"- oops never thought of that!!-

Anyway, we have totally moved on in different directions and he implied I was dumb for converting to my wife's Jewish faith. I suspect that old friend of yours is different than you remember- don't worry about them anymore.

- My HS friend has my phone and email now, but I know he won't be contacting me- unless I win the Lottery,

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks, Moshe, Big Mama, Cofty. I didn't mean to alarm anyone! The old friend I emailed sent me an email back with some very brief news about her family and a reminder of the upcoming memorial. So they're still hardcore, I guess. Moving on . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit