Dear Spirituk and the likeminded (read if you have time),

by okage 15 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

Okage:

I can't believe I read the whole thing.

To your credit it was absolutely engaging.

She sounds like a very normal mixed up conflicted human.

"The kind you don't take home to mother" (R.James)

• tec
    tec

Well done.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I have talket to some christian women on different forums. Many of them seem to live a life full of inner conflicts between their real personalities and the church. Many of them are very frustrated and tent do be desperate in one way or another.

Probably she projected her own frustration on you, at least she put the blame on you to make herself look better in her parets eyes.

Religion and love/sexuality can be really complicated and destructive.

Some years ago there was a study indicating that Mormons and JW's felt the most guilt over their own sexuality, and that non-believers felt least guilt.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Yes.......... great writing. I hope telling this part of your story helped you as well. Some times with age looking back helps make more sense out of past situations.

Spirituk......... sometimes dropping something....stepping away..... is the hardest thing to do.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Read the whole thing. Well done.

• okage
    okage

Thank you for the compliments, everybody.

Honestly, I just wrote what I knew. Spirituk's thread was the summation of how I felt after I stopped talking to Yvette in 2006. I hated that girl and wanted only the worst for her, but I have some great friends who got me over that really fast and I was thankful that blind anger didn't claim me the way it does to thousands each year.

And @Spirituk, I am glad to put myself out there openly if it means keeping people from giving in to impulse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit