Will cong members support charity challenge?

by newdawnfades 7 Replies latest jw friends

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

I am going to participate in a physical challenge for charity with some non JW workmates which will require many hours spent in training. I am intending to publicize this in the congregation.

Do you think I will receive much in the way of donations for the charity?

Do you think I will receive any counsel for wasting time which I could spend pioneering this spring?

• designs
    designs

Maybe privately donations will be made, expect to be counseled and or marked if you make to much noice about the event. Speaking from experience.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As designs said, the amount of static/council you get will be in direct proportion to how loud and public you make your participation the event.

Rub a Dub

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

maybe friends will support you. You may get comments about wasting your time with a worldly charity.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

This is so sad and it is one of the biggest issues I have with the borg. Here they demostrate just how insecure/envious/jeleous they are. Long, long ago before I left I took some parenting classes where I learned so many new ways to communicate with children and adults. I was very excited to share my new skills only to be drawn into the back room by an elder not to spread my "worldly" views. Such Dumbasses!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Some years back my husband, daughter and I participated in the local Relay for Life event. Two of my daughter's classmates had been directly affected by cancer with the early deaths of their mothers. I wrote a heartfelt letter with the info I sent out to friends and family for a small contribution to support our efforts. I received donations from everyone except two Witness families that I am still connected with through family, and I am on good terms with. These people had also been directly affected by cancer, the women having had breast cancer. I wasn't really surprised, having grown up for 25 years in the cult, knowing how they don't contribute to charities. But, I still had to shake my head and feel sorry for, and a little disgust for people who won't contribute to something, yet are more than willing to benefit from it as in so many other exaples the Witnesses "are no part of" yet benefit from.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

spellcheck: examples the Witnesses are no part of

• Pterist
    Pterist

Years ago, some local brothers, elders, (Dublin, Ireland) now all exJWs had a get together in a hotel/bar room, were clothing, good suits, kids clothing, food items, etc, were made available for the poorer amongst the local congregations without fanfare and embarrassment of those who received. It was challenged by the "company men" elders ALL non locals ( from other countries, mostly UK bringing their false gospel to the pagan Irish) who did not participate. You will be marked a "worldly man" !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit