HBOs 'Enlightened' canceled

by designs 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• designs
    designs

Any fans of the show Enlightened. I liked the character Laura Dern plays in Enlightened. I like her as an actor, from here early work with David Lynch and also Nicolas Cage.

Laura's character, Amy Jellicoe, reminds me of us in our journey, sometimes more emotional than intellectual in the reaction to abuse and injustice but a fighter who will put the right nuance on an argument eventually. That's us, we knew in our gut the right things to do, we fumbled, we said the wrong things at the wrong times but we kept on driven by that inner sense of being on the right path finally.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It was a thoughtful series. On NPR I heard an interesting story by the creator, who is also the actor that plays her coworker Tyler.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/04/173059338/mike-white-on-creating-hbos-enlightened-whistle-blower

• designs
    designs

Mike White's script writing set it apart from anything else.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Wow, I too heard that interview a week or so back and it made me want to watch the series. Sounded good.

Haven't seen a single episode yet and it is already gone. Too bad.

• new22day
    new22day

Shoot! I thought this was an excellent show - really sad to hear it's cxl. Was looking forward to next season as this seasons finale was so good. Laura Dern is an excellent actor.

• Pickler
    Pickler

This was an excellent show, she did remind me of xJW! I'm sorry it's ended now, I wanted to see what she would do next.

• designs
    designs

Might be able to get the series on Netflix or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit