Christian and a Hindu prayed for me today

by new22day 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new22day
    new22day

I had an accident Wed. night and dislocated my knee while walking the woods. Took the paramedics 45 minutes to find me in the bush. Friggin' hurt but I learned morphine is your friend. :)

At doc's in full leg cast today and was feeling blue as I learned recovery will take longer than i hoped. While waiting there this woman (also in a leg brace) spotted my blues and came to lend an ear. She was well-dressed, in her 50s and in her own kind of trouble. After talking for a bit she quietly asked me if she could pray for me. (I thought she meant pray for me as in later that night, but no, she took my hand and said a prayer to Jesus right there while her husband waited (it took awhile). I felt embarssed even though the waiting room was empty but I was touched. She never asked anything from me, never invited me to her church, simply asked if she could say a prayer, hugged me and left.

After I saw the doc. I was on my way home in the company of a grumpy cab driver. I needed help to the door and was apprehensive to ask him but he saw I needed a hand and thankfuly stepped right up. When I got to the door he paused and said some words in Indian, not to me directly just kinda spoke into the air. When he was finished he smiled shyly and told me he's just asked God to bless me.

I don't have a formal faith, as in religion, and doubt I ever will. But part of me has always had a bit of envy for people who do. The ability to think someone beyond us can make things better is comforting I suppose. But one thing I do retain faith in is that most people are good, regardless of what they beleive. And I saw evidence of that again today from these strangers with two very different belef systems.

No profound thoughts to share other than that, and I still may be a little high from the drugs. ;)

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Get a Muslim and a Buddhist to pray as well and you will have your bases covered.

• tec
    tec

That was sweet; thanks for sharing that.

peace to you,

tammy

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Prayed for you? Gee, that will help a lot.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    Get a Muslim and a Buddhist to pray as well and you will have your bases covered.

…and a Pastafarian to pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for you, just in case He does exist.

• new22day
    new22day

OK - to all you bitter people - an edit:

Right now I'm so hungry that I'm praying to the Spaghetti God. But that's not the point. In my day's travels I should also acknowldege the lovely couple (two gay men) who gave up their cab for me. And the kind people who offered all kinds of (non-religous) support such as advice on how to walk with a leg brace and go up and down stairs without breaking my neck. At the end of the day - probably more helpful. Point is simply that people are kind and decent, so there.

Stop ruining my buzz - sadly, morphine doesn't last forever. PHHT!

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

New22, I hope you are ok and that you make a speedy recovery.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Have a great day, new22day. A amateurish, calming video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTM7DesKTA

• humbled
    humbled

"Love your neighbor as yourself" was linked to the love of God by Jesus. (Matt.22:37-40)

all these people brimmed with that beautiful kindness toward you.

Damn doctrine and enjoy love where you find it, New22day.

Thanks for the post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit