How would you feel if your coworkers pooled in on Powerball lottery tickets and won, and you didn't participate?

by Theocratic Sedition 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I used to stump up my £1.00 for the syndicate at work when I was an active JW.

Probably would have been disciplined if we had one, there was a sister worked on the same floor of the office, but not in my team, but if we had won she would have seen me dancing around in glee.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am sure there was a thread here some time back and doing the lottery is not wrong, just don't broadcast it.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

It happened to somebody. Sounds like she works with good people.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/27/17485549-woman-sits-out-office-powerball-pool-and-coworkers-win?lite

“I knew I was the only one who hadn’t put in the money, so I thought they were pranking me and going out of their way to make me feel something,” Maldonado told The Miami Herald. “My boss sat down and said this was real.”

But the 12 coworkers at Keller Williams Partner Realty in Plantation who won are giving her a break. They won’t say how much, but they have decided to cut Maldonado, an administrative assistant, in on the winnings.

“As a team we put together a fat pile of money,” Laurie Finkelstein Reader, head of the office real estate agents, told the Herald. “If we do the right thing and always care about other people, the right thing will happen to us.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit