Asking Questions At Meetings!

by SYN 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• simplesally
    simplesally

I've asked a question or 2 during the bookstudy, but nothing controversial, just asked for some clarification on information on the book based on "new light" that had not been in the book because it was printed before the new info. I was not met with any criticism but was very timid about raising my hand.....ie the half hand-raising technique with the squishy face "like is it ok for me to ask this question" look.

• SYN
    SYN

Looks like we were duped! I mean most people don't even question this, ever. HELLO!

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• c5
    c5

In my old Kingdom Hall, a sister brought a study to the Sunday meeting. During the middle of the talk, and I forget what the subject was, this study stood up and waved her hand around to get attention. Everyone in our Hall was petrifyed!! She then called the speaker out on a statement that he had just made, asking him why he made the statement and where he got his basis in the Bible to make it! The brother giving the talk was very uncomfortable as the rest of us were. He stammered something to the effect of "we can discuss it later after the meeting"...She then sat down and was quiet. We all were aghast that someone had the guts to do that! After the meeting, I remember seeing a few brothers, including the speaker, talk to her about not interrupting the meeting to ask questions. What stood out to me was her reply. She told them that in her church and all the study groups she belonged to, asking questions was encouraged and allowed. I remember admiring that thought.

We never did see her return. How can we blame her now that we also know better?

:-)
    Cari

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit