What does an "obedient" elder look like?

by nochoice 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

The look like some elders I used to know...lol

• Finkelstein
  • Finkelstein
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We pull this out whenever we get a CO visit to the Kingdom Hall

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

We once had a visit from a CO who was new to our circuit, he was an elderly man probably middle 70's. He and his wife were going to leave the circuit work soon so he was scouting for a good place to land but that'a another story.

So the first time I met him was in the elder's room at the hall, he wanted to meet with me to go over the congregation records. After we were done and standing in the lobby of the hall I said to him, "so is there anything else I should do like kiss your ring" and he sort of smiled and said as he turned around and pointed to his anus "this one". It was all in jest of course but I really did feel that all the obedient elders (I obviously was not) had their nose up his ring.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The farther one climbs up this religious organization, the farther ones head must go up ones ass.

Why ? because one cant see anymore the damage this organization causes people or perceive the mindless corruption that created it in the first.

• nochoice
    nochoice

Thanks for the great laughs everyone!

So I guess it really is the same kind of "obedience" as the rank and file need to show! The rank and file have to kiss up to impotent male elders, and those elders then have to kiss up to the Circuit Overseer and District Overseer to move up further. What a terrible, terrible cycle! Eventually, all the way up to the Governing Body aka The Master ... I mean Slave.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and there is nothing more dreary than kissing up to a committee (AKA Governing Body).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit