Question re: Anointed, Last Supper, Pentecost, Ressurrection??

by mind blown 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mind blown
    mind blown

I've been away from the WTS so many years, my memory on certain things is rather fuzzy.

My question is if the holy spirit wasn't poured out til Pentecost, how does the last supper come in to play when the apostles weren't even anointed then? So why is the anointed only to partake of the wine and bread?

My other question is the Fathers of old, Abraham, etc are supposed to come back to earth? Right?

• Ding
    Ding

It's my understanding that according to the WTS, the OT patriarchs will be in the earthly kingdom, despite the fact that in Matthew 8:11 Jesus said Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would be at the feast in the kingdom of heaven.

With regard to the last supper, I suppose the WTS would say that since the apostles were later anointed that's all that's required.

Since the GB publishes the literature, it's whatever they say it is...

• prologos
    prologos

Ding: of course thats why ALL should partake, to get the benefit of the (cup) of the new covenant so that

they LATER might (as the apostles did at Pentecost ) receive the higher calling. but basically

the bread and wine are for the forgiveness of sin, not the heavenly kingdom. yet.

John 6:--- no partaking ,--no everlasting life.

no everlasting life to give up, in sacrifice as Jesus did,

no immortality in heaven. as the song says,

you cant have one without the other.

evryone wants to go to heaven,

nobody wants to die.

• mP
    mP

MindBlown:

The simple answer is that most xian theology is not bible based. They scan for scriptures find half a word and then pretend the other half is referrencing their topic.

The only annoiteds or Messiahs in the BIlbe were the priests and kings.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The anointing could not take place before Christ made his sacrifice and surrendered his perfect body. Only then could the anointing take place.

As for Abraham and others who died before Pentecost, they get to be anointed when they return in the flesh. You see, there is noting preventing them from being sealed and anointed retrospectively if they come back in the flesh. The 1st resurrection is back into the flesh, since Christ himself returns in the flesh to rule for 1000 years. So indeed, many faithful men of old, like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob indeed will be in the kingdom, though the WTS does not understand this.

Amazing what the WTS does not understand, but can we not all read? The Bible clearly indicates those like Abraham will be in the kingdom! And why not? !!

• mP
    mP

Lars:

So indeed, many faithful men of old, like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob indeed will be in the kingdom, though the WTS does not understand this.

MP:

Abraham was not faithful, he lied about Sarah and sold her twice as a prostitute. How exactly is that a good example of faith ?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Abraham sold Sarah twice as a prostitute? Wow, did I ever know this?

Can you imagine all the Zillions of people (begining of humankind) the WTS says will be ressurrected?! The earth couldn't contain them.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Abraham sold Sarah twice as a prostitute? Wow, did I ever know this?

No you didn't. There's nothing in the biblical story that suggests Abraham sold Sarah as a prostitute.

• mind blown
    mind blown

mP what biblical evidence shows this? Can you back this statment up according to what Ann stated. This is exactly how apostates get a bad rap!

• mind blown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit