Do you know the address of any kingdom halls in Edinburgh?

by usualusername 7 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
  • cantleave
    cantleave

95 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 3RZ

• St George of England
    St George of England

The addresses of all Kingdom halls can be found on jw.org. Thus for Edinburgh they are all listed at:-

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.html?option=FRNsPnPBrTZGT

George

• UsuaIusern@me
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

I went to a kingdom hall in scotland - have no clue which congregation it was - just between Edinburgh and Glasgow. We all had a pint afterwards!

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

The one cantleave listed was for Waverley Congregation which has since moved to 9a Restalrig Drive, Edinburgh, EH7 6JX which is also for Portobello Congregation. The hall that used to be in Broughton Street was very central located in Edinburgh and was part of an appartment block which you had to take one flight of stairs from the bottom to reach the hall. Very inaccessible for disabled, infirm and elderly ones so it made sense for a new one to be built for modern standards.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I went to Haddington congregation once, many years ago. After the meeting we were invited back to lunch at a couples house. Several witnesses lived in adjacent cottages, it was known locally as 'Armageddon Row'!

George

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

None of the halls in Edinburgh are in the city centre. Waverley used to be in the pink triangle in the city centre.

I was in Waverley and remember the old ones really struggling with stairs. Mind you, the new hall isn't exactly easy to get to without a car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit