A quote that sums up my thoughts on the truth about 'the truth'

by sd-7 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

"We never make assertions, Miss Taggart. That is the moral crime peculiar to our enemies. We do not tell--we show. We do not claim--we prove. It is not your obedience that we seek to win, but your rational conviction. You have seen all the elements of our secret. The conclusion is now yours to draw--we can help you to name it, but not to accept it--the sight, the knowledge and the acceptance, must be yours."

--Hugh Akston, from 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand.

And that ultimately sums it up. I have no need to assert any position of authority or repeatedly demand that people obey me. I just want to present the proof and let a person think about that proof and decide what they will.

I don't want JWs to obey or follow me. They don't even have to listen, if they don't want to. I wonder if they can say the same thing about the 'faithful slave'?

--sd-7

• *lost*
    *lost*

man I feel like i'm in the matrix

it's a bit mental

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

But all apostates seek to draw followers after themselves!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    But all apostates seek to draw followers after themselves!

Really? News to me!

--sd-7

• Mum
    Mum

I could use some followers. You don't have to obey me. Just send me all of your money.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Really? News to me!

Aw, just admit it, you're trying to start your own church. You even have your own literature!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Aw, just admit it, you're trying to start your own church. You even have your own literature!

Very funny. It would be a bizarre church, indeed, if they actually studied the stuff I wrote...

--sd-7

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am sure there are little groups who meet every Sunday to study the magazines that come from SD7 H.Q.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit