In All Honesty Would You Have NOT Given Blood To Your Child If He or She Needed it?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I am sorry to say now,with the mindset I had then that the JW`s were right I would have denied them a blood transfusion and that sends shivers up my spine when I think about it .Of course my wife may never had gone down that path and that would have caused problems ,thankfully we never did have to deal with that situation.

I often wonder ,if any who did make that choice, and have since learned it is all BS,would cope with that decision they made , today . I would be devastated

It also reminds me of the Jehu family in Melbourne in the 1960`s I think,whose child died because they refused a blood transfusion,and i think sometime later he was disfellowshipped for some reason or another , I can only imagine the stress and strain this would have been on this family.

I often wonder what ever became of them now.

smiddy

• Fernando
    Fernando

Unfortunately I was totally blindsided by their lies for the first four decades of my life until I was introduced to the unabridged "Good News". I fear I would have made the wrong choice (if faced with the blood issue) and been unable to accept and live with the regrets upon awakening afterwards.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Heaven
    Heaven

The blood policy was one of the reasons I decided not to have children. I was really afraid of losing my parents over something like this. I like to think that if I had had children and they needed blood to save their life, I would have allowed them to have it.

I lost a cousin who refused a blood transfusion after a nasty car accident. She left behind a husband and 3 children.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am ashamed to say I would have watched my child die rather than make Jehovah sad.

• cofty
    cofty
    Wow. That's a lot to answer for.

Of course it is - that's what results from being in a delusional cult isn't it?

If you actually believe its the "truth" and that god requires you to refuse blood, and you have total faith in the resurrection, how could you make any other decision?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had to come back to say:

My heart goes out to those who did refuse the blood and their child died. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you feel. You might be reading this and be too scared or overwhelmmed or even feel ashamed or bad for following WT directives. You may have believed that you were doing the right thing and then later whne you learned the truth about the JW beliefs your pain and anger increased to phenomenal levels. You may not even have words to describe your feelings.

You are not to blame for believing what you were taught. There were probab ly other elders there prodding you along to refuse the blood that might have saved your child. You might have not even had a choice if a spouse signed the documents.

Whether you chose to, or were manipulated and coerced, it is not your fault. You thought you were doing the right thing. And the WTS makes damn sure you have plenty of medical reasons to refuse the blood. (If it is a spiritual issue why do they focus so much on the possible dangers? It shouldn't even be part of the discussion)

Don't post here if you aren't ready to talk about it. But try to find someone you trust to talk about it with. PM me or someone else you trust.

If you want your story told but don't want to post it yourself PM me and I will post it under my name for you (your name excluded) Make sure to change some details if you don't want JW family members to track you down by searching particular details

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

My instant insight when my son was born -- that I would never hesitate to give blood to save his life -- was the moment I decided to get out of the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit