Memorial Flyer Acknowledges Public Disdain for JWs - Implicitly

by 144001 9 Replies latest jw experiences

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to review the official JW invitation to their "memorial" event. The front of the flyer has a well-groomed, caucasian Jesus, leading all the minority people somewhere . . . most likely to a factory in Brooklyn to serve as slaves for a publishing company.

Curiously, there is no mention of Jehovah's Witnesses anywhere on the face of that flyer. On the reverse side, it reveals that the event you are being invited to is being held by the Jehovah's Witnesses, but the term "Jehovah's Witnesses" is buried in a paragraph (and not emphasized in any way) in what appears to be an effort to obscure the identity of the organization that is hosting the event.

To me, this is an implicit acknowledgment by the WTBTS that they are keenly aware that the general public does not view Jehovah's Witnesses in a positive manner. And of course, that is to be expected in this "wicked system of things!"

• DNCall
    DNCall

. . . not to mention that for decades the immediate idenfication of yourself as one of Jehovah's Witnesses when engaged in the door-to-door ministry was strongly discouraged. The countless suggested presentations never included identifying who we were. In putting myself in the place of the householder, I would want to know immediately who this stranger at my door was. Almost without exception, I identified myself as a JW right off the bat. Saved a lot of time.

• Splash
    Splash

And why, on the official website, has the front image been changed to remove all of the 'faithful ones of old' behind Jesus' shoulder?

There's just a big blank space there now?

Splash

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

These are very dellusional paranoid people. Who knows what the background on any decision they make is

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Has the title "Jehovah's Witnesses" ever been prominently displayed on previous invitations? I can't recall. I don't see why they would go out of their way to hide "Jehovah's Witnesses" when people know who it is that shows up on a Saturday/Sunday morning handing them the invitation.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Interesting Splash... Wonder about this - http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Good catch, Splash...There has to be some significance in that change.

• maisha
    maisha

And why, on the official website, has the front image been changed to remove all of the 'faithful ones of old' behind Jesus' shoulder?

There's just a big blank space there now?

Thats because they the GB are watching this site, same reason the masturbing video was taken down.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sorry maisha the masturbating video has not been taken down , its still their " Keep yourselves in Gods Love" # 22

smiddy

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's just a different layout, that's all. Someone wanted to use more of the right side of the painting for the wider format of the web page, and this would have cut off the old folks on the left, so they removed that layer altogether. It's just normal graphic design principles at work, nothing to see here, move along folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit