by deddaisy 22 Replies latest social current

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Title Jehovah's Witnesses Purchase Florida Arena

Appears In "Amusement Business." 109(30)p.10.July 28, 1997

Note WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY will buy the West Palm
    Auditorium & Stadium from the city of West Palm Beach for
    $12.5 mil

Abstract The WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY (Jehovah's Witnesses)
    will buy the West Palm Beach Auditorium & Stadium from
    the city of West Palm Beach, FL, for $12.5 mil. The
    transaction is expected to utilize much of the proceeds
    to help finance several projects, including a downtown
    renovation program along with public parks and recreation
    programs. The city had been able to lower the subsidy for
    the facility from $750,000/yr 3 yrs ago to $250,000/yr,
    according to Mitch Sauers, pres of Globe Facility
    Services, which manages the facility. When the
    Jehovah's Wiltnesses (sic) own the facility, it is
    expected to spend a considerable amount to renovate it
    and expand use to around 25-30 weekends/yr.

ISSN 0003-2344
    B&I Ac.# 01903140

My point? None really, except that I get tired of hearing about how the WTS is not a profitable BUSINESS.....

• Xenu
    Xenu

In the Unites States Branch, Jehovahs Witnesses do not sell Awakes.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Excuse me Xenu, but I don't recall saying that Jehovah's Witnesses do sell Awakes...But you're right, the organization sells Awakes TO Jehovah's Witnesses, who in return, try to get a "donation" for them......

• Xenu
    Xenu

The Watchtower Society does not sell awakes to Jehovahs Witnesses.

• TR
    TR
    The Watchtower Society does not sell awakes to Jehovahs Witnesses.

Yes, ever since the "Jimmy Swaggart case". Now the WTS extracts more than the rags are worth by accepting "donations" from JW publishers for them. Then the JW's in turn extract more than the rags are worth from unsuspecting householders. Now the WTS gets more for them.

TR

• Xenu
    Xenu

TR:

You agree with me and conclude that deddaisy is wrong.

• TR
    TR

Xenu,

Dude, you're sharper than a sack of wet mice! Very good!

TR

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

XENU,
    It's funny how you are so worried about me being wrong about the "details" of how the WTS gets their money for the Awake, but you don't argue the point of the WTS being a "profitable BUSINESS."

According to Webster's:
    SELL: to transfer (goods or property) or render (services) in EXCHANGE for money.(Emphasis added)

No, I don't HAND the money to my hairstylist either after she gives me a haircut, does that mean that she didn't "sell" me a haircut or somehow doesn't get PAID?
    You can call it whatever you like XENU, but when someone hands you goods, (the Awake), and you put money in a box for it, that is an "exchange" of money.......Of course for business and legal purposes, by calling it a "donation" instead of a "sale," BUSINESS organizations are able to AVOID the TAXES!!!!!!And xenu, in defense of the JW's that I know, they would not take literature without "donating" the money for it!!!!!!

"Pay all of them their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due."
    Romans 13:7 (RSV)

Either you're very bright and intentionally distracting readers from the point that I'm making, or you're very stupid and missed the point altogether.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

DedHead:

Before you go around labeling other posters as "stupid", maybe you should explain how the JWs' purchase of the "leaky teepee" specifically makes the WTS a "profitable BUSINESS".

• Xander
    Xander

Dunno, but if *I* had 12.5 mil to spare from my business, I'd call myself 'profitable'.

But, that's just me.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit