Infographic on the March 2013 Awake

by RayPublisher 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

THE ISSUE DATE IS MAY 2013, not March

There are a lot of good reasons for J W's to appeal more than mainstream churches. The worship of Jehovah, the submission of Jesus to him, no trinity, regular use of the O.T.......

As I read it, she only mentions reading outside sources before she was contacted........

As the O P says, this part is classic, though :

“Have you even read the New Testament?” he asked.

“No,” I answered.

“In that case,” he said, “aren’t you being ignorant, expressing an opinion on something you know nothing about?”

His words cut deeply, for I had always considered it foolish to give opinions blindly "

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Blues Brother - Oops it is May duhhh.

“aren’t you being ignorant, expressing an opinion on something you know nothing about?”

His words cut deeply, for I had always considered it foolish to give opinions blindly "

By their own words they condemn themselves yet again...

• Hillary
    Hillary

It doesn't seem like there's any way to validate this article. I tried googling her name but nothing came up. She has a very common name, too. Maybe parts of it are true. Maybe parts of it are embellished. Who knows?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Hilary - Yeah that's true. But the main reason I made the graphic was to deconstruct the hypocrisy of the subtext embedded in the article by WT Corp, namely this:

1. It's okay to question your religion and examine it by reading information written by critics and former members.

2. You are ignorant and uninformed if you have not critically questioned what your religious leaders and parents have taught you.

3. To be a true follower of God you must leave your friends and family members behind that don't accept your newfound beliefs.

4. Points #1 through #3 only apply to those that are non-JWs. It does NOT apply to us, only to the unsaved unwashed masses we are trying to convert.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The story is as good,as any at a WBT$ Assembly.."Worked over BullShit"..

Is her name Andre?..

............................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• trujw
    trujw

Wonderful. Can't wait see her posts on JWN in a few years.

• pixel
    pixel

If this story is done like they manufacture the experiences in the assemblies, is 20% true and 80% made up.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

UPDATE and FYI:

I spent a bunch more time on the infographic and I feel it is considerably better now. Also it has been tuned so that the wording is aimed at an awakening JW.

Suitable for framing?? Or printing up on postcards perhaps??

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

One thing to keep in mind is that Jesus sent out TEN SLAVES to do business until he came. Only one of those ten ended up being the "evil slave." The evil slave is the WTS. But that means many other "ministries" are producing the right kind of fruitage for the kingdom, and it also means being a JW is not the only way to potentially get into the kingdom.

so Christ is reaping in many different places, not just from the WTS, out of which there is a "little flock" which he harvests, meaning the majority of the witnesses are not qualified or chosen for the kingdom. But of that "little flock" out of the WTS, he says: "I have OTHER SHEEP NOT OF THIS FOLD...." meaning, again, Christ gathers his sheep in various places under different ministries. The number "ten" per even the witnesses represents "earthly completeness" and thus is not literal but symbolic of the whole number of different "ministries" from which the elect are selected.

So fine for her she choose the WTS for whatever reasons -- but that is just one slave out of many others where Christ is gathering his elect. The idea that some other ministry or religion will produce some of the elect and that JWs are not the ONLY true religion, just doesn't do it for them.

But ask a JW about who the TEN SLAVES are! Anyone can see this means more than one ministry going on. They call the GB the "faithful and discreet slave" so it is not difficult to see how each "slave" has his own ministry, and each produces accordingly!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe she ie Andre`s sister Adrei-essa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit