Is a slow fade being selfish when you have kids?

by dissonance_resolved 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

It's hard to believe it's been almost six months since I posted this. My son is doing much better in general- I got him into sports and other school activities and he has been making friends outside the hall- this has all boosted his confidence and self-esteem and he seems much happier. We even had a party for him and his new friends, which he was so excited about! I'm nearing the end of my planned fade- almost no meetings, at most one per month, and no service for the past five months. No one has asked me for a FS report, the elders haven't said a word and my family is still talking to me and pretending like nothing's wrong, though there's still a fair amount of emotional manipulation to try to boost my meeting attendance. It actually would be perfect, but as I've decreased my activity, my husband has increased his so I'm worried about where all this is headed. I had planned to attend the meetings to hear the discussion of the 7/15 Watchtower for myself and then call it quits. That's coming up soon, though! I can't even imagine where we'll be in another six months- either in a really good place or a really bad place....

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Keep going. Make a plan. Be good to youself. We love you.

God Bless.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Sounds like you are doing this really smart! Good job! Happy for you.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• Maat13
    Maat13

Dissonance_resolved,

thanks for sharing. I hope all is well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit