Positive Speech - Watchtower Experimenting With the Law of Attraction?

by jw07 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Recently my BS meter has been off the charts since noticing a change in local elder rhetoric over the last year or so.
    The change became evident shortly after an elder school. (Those long-ass, all day indoctrination sessions).
    Elders and ministerial servants locally keep on urging their fellow dubs to be ‘positive’; “keep a positive attitude in the ministry”, “engage in positive conversations”, “think about positive things”, “look at the most positive aspects of each Watchtower study”, “if brothers offend you be positive about the situation while you work towards resolving it”, “keep maintaining a positive attitude while working towards your spiritual goals”, “having a positive attitude helps make the truth more real to you”, “keep positive while you await the fulfillment of bible prophecies”.

That pattern of speech has been noticeable in assembly and convention parts, as well as during a zone overseer visit.

I’ve read books such as Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich, been to multilevel marketing company meetings, listened to self-help and wealth creation strategy speakers, and this sounds like the exact rhetoric they use; being positive about goals while working towards them helps to keep you motivated and makes them come about faster. Some even believe in a literal Law of Attraction; that incessant positive thought influences the universe around you and reacts with people and conditions to bring your goal to fulfillment with very little actual exertion on your part.

Have any of your noticed that change in your part of the world?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope it doesn't work for them. The Law of Attraction is actually what you get when you mix xian principles with Far Eastern practices and throw in a bit of white magick. You visualize an outcome, and you keep visualizing it and expect to get that outcome. This is supposed to set a vibration in the Universe that will get the Universe to bring you that outcome.

Trouble is, it does not work. Most of those of us who were recruited strongly visualized paradise in joke-hova's new order. Quite a few of us were so certain that we would not see the end of 1975 in this system, and sold out in 1969 through 1974. Many pious-sneered during portions or all of that period, certain that 1975 would bring the end. They visualized it strongly, and certainly this would have sent the signal to the Universe. Yet, for all their vibrating the end of the world, 1976 came. That did not work.

On the flip side, many of us were so certain that the washtowel was coming down soon. Some of us visualized that signal, and always within a few years as the washtowel got more and more dreary. Fun was abolished through the 1990s within the congregations. The Internet became widespread in 1997 (it started before then, but 1997 was about when they started giving "1500 hours free for the next 45 days" offers and broadband always-on access became easier to get). Apostates were so sure that the witlesses would be gone, at most within 4-5 years, because everyone would wake up. Yet, as with the end coming in 1975, that too failed--the witlesses are still going.

Hopefully, there will be too many missing pieces for the washtowel to make this work. To make the law of attraction work, you need to develop your soul to a degree that witlesses are not allowed to. Anyone that develops their soul to that extent would be disfellowshipped in no time for spiritism. Then you need to power meditate, which is something the witlesses are not trained to do. They need to work with energy and runes, again spiritism. They need to work with planetary aspects, which is astrology (most witlesses don't even get into the common sun signs, let alone aspects with all planets, planetary days and hours, and void of course moon). They need to pick the correct day--I realized that the days of the week are named after planets (Monday, "lundi"--Tuesday--Mardi, Wednesday--Mercredi, Thursday--Jeudi, Friday--Vendredi, and the days Saturday and Sunday which are blatant even in English. The French names are the French names for the moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus.)

Hopefully, many a "positive thinking" working will be started during a void of course moon (hence, wasted time), or they will try and start crap during the day of Venus, Jupiter, or the sun--wasting their time. Or, they will visualize a positive outcome during Saturday (Saturn, hence limitations) or Tuesday (Mars, hence strife and fighting). Or, trying to communicate with the congregation while Mercury is retrograde--I always enjoy those letters to the hounders sent while Mercury is retrograde because they get screwed up. Hey, unless they coordinate all aspects with each other, the Law of Attraction is Waste of Time.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Honesty, I think the Law of Attraction is the ONLY thing that can account for the WT success over the years. Two things looking for each other will always find each other.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I haven't specifically noticed it, but then again I don't pay much attention :-) I would see this as simply an attempt to counteract some of the negativity that the Society knows is out there among some elder bodies, where they mostly hound the congregation instead of nurture them. So not so much a "new direction" as much as a basic countermeasure to try to prevent the religion from becoming utterly joyless and guilt-laden (hey, I said "try to" ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit