How God treated his own prophets

by Dismissing servant 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I came to think of thin when talking about ezekiel in another thread. I recommeny you reading the chapters 3-4 in Ezekiel. But have a look at this from chapter 4 , it is just disguisting:

Eze 4: 9 "Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side. 10 Weigh out twenty shekels [ b ] of food to eat each day and eat it at set times. 11 Also measure out a sixth of a hin [ c ] of water and drink it at set times. 12 Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel."

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Another example! Isaiah had to be naked for 3 years:

Isa chapter 20:

2at that time the LORD spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, "Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet." And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot.

3Then the LORD said, "Just as my servant Isaiah has gone stripped and barefoot for three years, as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,

I just wonder if this made the poor chaps credability among his peoble higher?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Just another example of the Lords DHQ.

• Lore
    Lore

God kills Ezekiel's wife and commands him not to cry about it:

Ezekiel 24:16-18

16 “Son of man, behold, I take away from you the desire of your eyes with one stroke; yet you shall neither mourn nor weep, nor shall your tears run down. 17 Sigh in silence, make no mourning for the dead; bind your turban on your head, and put your sandals on your feet; do not cover your lips, and do not eat man’s bread of sorrow.”

18 So I spoke to the people in the morning, and at evening my wife died; and the next morning I did as I was commanded.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Ezekiel was kinda crazy, possibly even completely unhinged- but seeing Jerusalem destroyed and being hauled off to Babylon might have been what flipped him over the edge. He and other captives wrote and re-wrote much of what we now call the Old Testament, while in exile. He probably had PTSD, and should have had counselling... but instead he was allowed to write a book of the Bible...

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

People who the voice of god speaking to them are all crazy.

No exceptions.

• mP
    mP

Ezekiel was a liar, he said Tyre would be destroyed forever, but guess what its still here todya, you can see for yourself on google maps.

• watson
    watson

Ha, ha....look what he did to himself/his son....

• mP
    mP

Trans:

Ezekiel was kinda crazy, possibly even completely unhinged- but seeing Jerusalem destroyed and being hauled off to Babylon might have been what flipped him over the edge. He and other captives wrote and re-wrote much of what we now call the Old Testament, while in exile. He probably had PTSD, and should have had counselling... but instead he was allowed to write a book of the Bible...

mP:

Most scholars say Ezra was the lead in the rewrite. Perhaps Ezekiel was a nut, but then again many leaders in the past were equally nutty and equally evil. Perhaps its worrying that so many listened and gave an audience to his psychosis.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    People who the voice of god speaking to them are all crazy.
    No exceptions.

^^ That ^^

I came to this realisation this week after it became crystal clear that Larsinger58 has paranoid schizophrenia. I then thought about the bible writers and characters (shock, horror, yes) even including Jesus and all their 'wonderful' shinanigans (delusions) ... Have we all this time been mislead by the delusions of the mentally ill?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit