With out Fear

by Brother of the Hawk 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi Everyone, yep, finally got Hubby to post.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is truly wonderful that the 4 of us have come out together. Now if we can just get our SIL signed up. He did do a post on JWStruggle awhile back which was very brave of him to discuss his abusive past. If anyone is interested, this is his post:

http://jwstrugglehelpforjehovahswitnesses.yuku.com/topic/557/Im-Finally-Here

Hubby & I both have a little Native American blood. My Great Grandmother was allegedly full blood ???? the family doesn't remember from what tribe tho.

Hubby started doing the Mountain man rendezvous re-enactments and goes to several a year. It's great now, because now he can go full force and go to as many as he wants to without criticism from the elders for missing meetings. We have a small Trading Post on our personal property here in the Southwest and our family makes about 99% of the items we sell. We have fun and enjoy what we're doing. Our family always has been a little 'different' and never really 'fit in' to the JW congregations we were in

More later, peace & hugs to everyone

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

I am trying this for the second time, I went back to page one to look for any questions I could answer, lets say I won't do that again. I do realize the bible does not say a thing about gambling. What It does condemn is Greediness of dishonest gain. So putting a few coins in a slot machine, in my opinion is not greedy of dishonest gain. What I consider as greedy of dishonest gain is the greed of power the Wt has exerted over all of us. And done so with unjust fear and lies.

For my name Brother of the Hawk. I compete throwing knives and toma hawks and have done so for over 20 years. At one event, which was a big event, (local news papers covered this event) as a smart ass, I started calling my shots, and yep! they all stuck. So I was given the name later at counsel fire. When people ask just how good I am at throwing knives and toma hawks, this is my standard reply.

"I am not the best, certainly not the worst, and when I have to, I can hold my own against anyone." Other than that it's all purely just for fun and relaxation.

In fact, I just started a National knife and toma hawk champoinship

As to being Native American, I am 1/8 Cherokee. If we all look long and hard, all Americans have some Native blood in us.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Welcome to you all. My Mother (crapola) used to come on here quite frequently. It's nice to see families on here.

So you throw knives and 'hawks? I make knives and might have to hammer out some throwing knives.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

It's great to have families on here.

Hubby also hand forges the knives & tomahawks.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Husband is going to sign up today. So the whole family will be on shortly :)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Brother of the Hawk.

You are a lucky man....you are "out" and no longer have to live under the scrutiny of the elders and their accusations, your family is out with you, and it sounds like you all have jobs you really enjoy! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit