Any kiwi bethren left the fold??

by Beck_Melbourne 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I can see your problem, Hippy, you went overtime!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Michelle

Woohoo...you're posting. Hey nice pic...but I'm not surprised...kiwi gals are the hottest chicks in the world

I'm so glad you're here...at least there's one person (other than Hippikon-son-of-a-kiwi-pakeha and Kep-son-of-a-once-were-warriors) who will understand my accent LOL.

Beck

• hippikon
    hippikon

Hi signgirl - Drop me line

Beck_Melbourne: Translation for non kiwis
    Maori to English - Pakeha = Tast like pork

(Not a nice thing to say to a Jew)

• signgirl
    signgirl

hi there hippikon, you must be that guy that resembles adolf hitler, sunuvabitch. So tell me where are you from????

Hi there Beck, dont worry i can understand your accent "Heey whuts thet ova theiya?" If anyone wishes me to translate, no probs bro, pretty choice man.

adios dudes and dudesses

• Mackin
    Mackin

A kiwi here. Keen to make contact with any other X-JW's in New Zealand.

-----------------------------------
    To the world you may be one person,
    But to one person you may be the world.

• ojo
    ojo

Hey - I can understand those accents! I'm ex-JW from Auckland (grew up until 19) now living in London. Been out for 18 years now. My mother is still in - special pioneer even. Anyone from Auckland about?

Would love to hear from anyone. I've never met any JWs or ex-JWs since leaving. Also curious to know what happened to the kids I grew up with - did any escape or did they all just marry each other as expected...

Congs I was in during 70s and early 80s: Central, Onehunga, Eastern Bays (or was that Eastern Suburbs? - now Glendowie or something)

PS - Took my hubbie to a JW convention here in London once so he could see what it was like when I was a kid. From all the strange looks we got I guess I don't look the part anymore...such a shame...you know that scene in American Werewolf from London where the locals in the pub say 'You're not from round these parts are you?'

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

ojo

Hey there friend/sister/cuz LOL. I loved this part:

My mother is still in - special pioneer even.

No one finishes their sentences with 'even' like we do LOL...that really tickled my fancy....I miss that.

I live in Melbourne now...been out for only 4 yrs...grew up in Rotorua but associated with a lot of Auckers folk. Mackin who has posted on this thread is from Auckland...and he was an elder and P.O there....i'll email you his email addy if he doesn't see this beforehand and drop you a line.

Hey who knows, maybe we know the same people...NZ is such a small place in the scheme of things.

I hope you meet up with some exjw in London...you will love the bad association LOL...I have met up with a few here...and its awesome...hard to put it into words. Next month I have a fellow kiwi exjw coming to stay and am looking forward to same late night gossiping LOL.

So you got a few stares at an assembly in London huh...that would have been priceless...there are plenty of brown kiwis over here...i always smile and say 'kia ora aunty'...you can always tell an aunty or a cuz by the pounamu fish hook or some other great big huge bone pendant that covers half their chests LOL. If you're like me, you wouldn't have been bought up around the culture...due to Jehovah.

I will write you an email....otherwise I will be here for days

Beck

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    Hi Beck its Michelle here, I took your advice and found this sight. I remember we spoke on ICQ once a few months back. I was originally from Thames NZ, lived inTokoroa for a couple of years. Moved to Wellington and now in Brisbane for the past 10 years.

Hey Michelle, where in Brisbane are you from??????!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit