An elder called me.

by Julia Orwell 24 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'll go with what Pistoff said.

TBH. The WBT$ is a disgusting cult. The further away you run from it the better.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We see a therapist and she told us that you take a month for every year (I am pretty sure this is the correct amount) that you were in and that is approximately how long it will take to recover from it. It is an up and down process but don't give up, keep searching and doing the work it takes to become whole again. Sometimes I get so angry I want to scream, you just want it to go away.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It is possible to have good shepherds in this Organization, Julia. Some have unfortunately experienced some bad experiences. But, some do try to display the Christlike personality.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Some are likable enough, more pleasant than others. Nonetheless, they may care about you in some form, but ultimately their purpose is to get you back in the WTS "pen"-itentiary.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah funny you say that, Gayle. I had a good friend from another congregation call me and say he's teed up for me to talk to one of the elders of his cong about the GB/FDS etc after I told him I was having doubts. Usually the only time he calls me is if he wants to leave his car at my place, but he's terrified I'm going to Satan, if I know his mind.

And Aunt Fancy, by your reckoning it should only take me just after a year to recover. But I can so related to what you saya bout the anger, frustration and wanting to scream and all that. Argh! I'd have walked by now if not for my husband being in, and that makes me mad because I want to tell him everything I know but of course I have to curb my enthusiasm because I don't want to push him away.

It's like when someone's baptised as a non born-in convert and they're full of new zeal -like a fire hydrant that's just been busted-but in reverse because I'm de-converting now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit