Lot's Wife Dot-to-Dot for Kids IS child abuse. Active parents - please read.

by likeabird 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• likeabird
    likeabird

I'm posting this in the public section as I would like any active witness with children to think about this carefully.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, this is the picture in question :

(Source : http://www.jw.org/assets/m/ijw13fr/502013170/ijw13fr_id-502013170_E/502013170_E_cnt_1.pdf )

I showed this picture to my therapist today along with the dot-to-dot of King Solomon with the baby about to be cut in two, My Book of Bible Stories and Mankind's Search for God book page 11.

She explained that the above picture and others dealing with death is a clear case of child abuse - on the same level as a child being sexually abused. These were her words, not mine.

This is how she explained it :

As a child develops, he creates the capacity to take on new ideas, new concepts and the like. Just as he or she will only start to lose their baby teeth when the big tooth is already in place to replace it (else he would be in trouble), he or she will reach an age when he or she is ready to approach the concept of death. Death is a terrible thing for a child and by introducing it to him or her when so young can be very traumatic. He or she has no capacity or fallback to deal with that trauma or the fear or terror that it creates in his or her mind. And that's when the Society comes in to impress their own teachings - create the terror to make them believe certain things while they are still at a vulnerable age.

Whether we agree with it or not, that is what is happening when we expose our children to these pictures.

It should never happen.

It IS child abuse.

I know, even now, there are pictures in the Bible Story book and the one I mentioned above in the Search book that I still hate to look at.

Now I understand why.

I was exposed to them at an age when I was not ready to take them in.

You parents still active, please think carefully about what you are really exposing your kids to.

Thank you for reading.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I agree. The site where this connect-the-dots activity can be found (jw.org) has a number of other activities children can do that are not like this, I realized. But it is troubling that a woman's death is treated so lightly.

--sd-7

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Is the next dot to dot session going to be when Lot's daughters get him piss ass

drunk and have sex with him?

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

anyone remember the Paridise Lost book? That was full of violent pictures and monsters too.

• likeabird
    likeabird

I went through the Bible Stories book the other day and at least 25% of the pictures portray violence, blood or death in them...

And it's systematically used with little infants and up!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

In the "Become Jehovah's Friend" video, Caleb's well-trained mother was quick to show him a Witch Tower artist's rendering of Adam & Eve in their frightening zombie-like old age... I'm sure most JW kids who have been shown that illustration after misbehaving have been traumatized to certain extents...

The Witch Tower Writing dept has mastered the sick art of fear-mongering and they know no bounds...

• Pickler
    Pickler

The images like this that I saw as a child haunted me for years.

JW have no idea about child development & the damage these pictures cause.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

It's obvious that they don't have the slightest clue about the vulnerability of children.

• manthedan
    manthedan

How about children movies such as Snow White or Disneys Tangled, would these movies which introduce death and dying constitute child abuse?

• tiki
    tiki

i am totally appalled at the fact that they think that is appropriate teaching material for toddlers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit