Where is Jehovah?

by His Excellency 121 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jesus from what I read was a particularly un-swordlike Messiah.

• tec
    tec

Speaking of what comes out of them, one of the five pillars of Islam is the giving of alms (caring for the poor).

Of course.

(mP, you also missed the point)

Peace,

tammy

• Tater-T
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Still, you miss the point... that they are not to do the persecuting. ....tec

No...I didn't miss the point, AND this statement is nonsense.

Those who follow Christ are persecuted... tec

Carry on with your deluded ideas about those following an imaginary creature being persecuted...and by the way, historically, they have done more than their fair share of persecuting others. Here's some circular reasoning you might enjoy...since I know how much you like circular reasoning. If you are NOT being persecuted...you are not following Christ because those who follow chirst are persecuted...LMAO! Have you had your daily persecution tec?

• tec
    tec

You are still missing the point.

Those who follow Christ are not to DO the persecuting. They are not to throw people out of the 'synogague' or out of the family. They are not to pursue and hunt people down, or go to war with others in an effort to convert them, or burn people at the stake, or torture them and excute them. If those who claim to be christian are doing so, then they are NOT following Christ.

That is the point. Not your continuous statements that I am crying persecution for myself. I am not.

Peace,

tammy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Where ,and what is that scripture ,in speaking about false gods/ idols that mocks them for not answering prayers ,saying something like ,they must be on the privy ( toilet ? ) Maybe he was talking about himself .

smiddy

• still thinking
    still thinking

That is the point. Not your continuous statements that I am crying persecution for myself. I am not...tec

LOL...no...you are missing the point...stop saying I am missing the point..>LOLOLOLOLOL

Those who follow Christ are persecuted... tec

I THINK EVERYONE GETS YOUR POINT TEC...NOW...TRY TO GET MINE... I never said you ARE crying persecution. I said...are you? because according to circular reasoning...you should be. And it's very clear that you like circular reasoning from your statement about god being real because people believe he is...if he wasn't real...you wouldn't believe in him...would you?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The JW answer to the unfairness of why all the millions died so cruelly over the years in wars, genocides, natural disasters, etc.:

"The issue of universal sovereignty, satan's rule and how these people will come back in the resurrection, etc."

Somehow these answers didn't do it for me.

• tec
    tec

I never said you ARE crying persecution. I said...are you?

Obviously I am not... or I would not have kept telling you that you missed my point.

And it is not as simplistic (strawman) or circular as you are making it out to be.

Every culture, every people, every tribe, ever... has sought out the spiritual, in some form or another. Religion came afterward, but the seeking of the spiritual (be that god, goddess, many of each, animal spirits, whatever). Every singe one. So either belief in something false is hardwired into the evolution of man, or there is something that people are sensing, hearing, seeking.

This was meant as a speculative converstation, if you've been following along. The above is my speculation. I do not rely on that speculation to determine whether there is a God or not. I rely on Christ and what I know, through Him. But if someone asks me what I think the world would be like if there was no God... I think there would be no 'god' immersed in the people of this world.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

Still:

Carry on with your deluded ideas about those following an imaginary creature being persecuted...and by the way, historically, they have done more than their fair share of persecuting others. Here's some circular reasoning you might enjoy...since I know how much you like circular reasoning. If you are NOT being persecuted...you are not following Christ because those who follow chirst are persecuted...LMAO! Have you had your daily persecution tec?

TEC: Each time a Xian rapes, kills or enslaves a native from Africa, the Americas, Asia or the Pacific, its called telling the Good News. When the natives dare to throw a spear back its called persecution. The sad thing is if you actually examined history this is what happened. You might want to examine just he European history of xian conversion, they were all blood baths. Ask the people of Lithuania or the Norse people how they were converted. Can you please tell me an event where xian persecuted has occured and i will tell you an entire continent where xians came to spread the news of Jesus christ. I serious doubt you will be able to list 5 events which should mean the 7 continents of the world should be more than enough. Please tell me a few events, surely you can find a few in 2000 years of persecution due to their beliefs in Jesus ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit