Candace Conti: WTS Opening Appellate Brief Due Tomorrow

by DNCall 35 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

. . . unless they get another extension, or armageddon comes first.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

waiting patiently

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

is it tomorrow yet?

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Open mind
    Open mind

Getting my popcorn ready.

om

• Gayle
    Gayle

just a review please? "Brief Due" ? - is this a 'written' brief or is this an 'oral' presentation? Or could there be just another 'extention' requested?

Sounded from comments previously like there could just be a (?) "hat dance" between each group like this all through summer?

• DNCall
    DNCall

Gayle,

This is the initial written brief wherein the WTS states its reason(s) for making the appeal. Usually this involves a procedural error made by the lower court that could have the force and effect of having the case overturned. There are other less-dire results that can come from this if WTS prevails. On the other hand, if WTS loses its appeal, these extensions can work against it vis a vis interest accruing on the judgment. If they lose the appeal, a further appeal can be made to the California State Supreme Court. If they lose there the only thing left is the U.S. Supreme Court. Unless WTS can come up with some constitutional issues in this case, it's highly doubtful the U.S. Supreme Court would hear it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I truly hope the WBT$ gets rinsed!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Waiting with eager anticipation and good wishes for sweet Candace and her family

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I hate all this suspense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit