"House of Prayer" or "Den of Thieves"?

by goatshapeddemon 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

So my good people, hear this.

My dad used to be the assembly and convention overseer, so I know the facts.

Do you know why the Org loves assembly halls so much? The place I grew up - we had the circuit assemblies in our town. We were able to rent the facility for $1000 / day plus expenses. Chump change, comparatively. Try this on for size:

Org decides they should build an assembly hall. Three hours away from civilization in all directions. Congregations that used to be able attend locally, or at an assembly hall under an hour away (requiring no overnight stay), are now in the jurisdiction of the new assembly hall. Demands for money started. It took several years longer than budgeted because - shockingly - the money didn't flow.

They finally finished it, with metal folding chairs because they couldn't afford real seats and it was kind of poetic justice to the poor fleeced sheep who didn't give their last penny to the org.

Paid for by the circuits miles around. Built with free labor by men who gave up weekend after weekend with their families. .......... They are now CHARGED .... $15000 per weekend to use the facility. And all those friends have to travel to the middle of nowhere and pay for overnight stays and the bleeping place will be occupied something like 48 weekends out of the year.

Disgusting, shameful, shameless, greedy pharisaical org.

• mP
    mP

Temples have always been a money maker. In the Bible its called sacrifices, you bring the best animal or food and the pirests eat or sell it afterwards. The bible tells you this on many occassions and its a written law. My theory the bible writers hated other gods is they had their temples doing the same scam. Nobody likes competition.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

So when they hire a stadium at a discount rate because of the cleaning or whatever. Do they make money from these gigs? Some elder told me that they only get just enough donations to cover the hire of the venue. All these people drag their families from all over the place to stay in the city, and here in Australia it's winter and not holidays when the conventions are staged so they have to pay and it's not even a holiday. So do they even have any money to give the WTS anything extra?!

I'd be interested in knowing just how and by what mad means they raise money.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I don't think the bOrg do anything that doesn't make a profit.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I know how the money comes in - the question is WTF happens to it all?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Offshore is where it goes, in Tax-free investment funds. The paper trail to prove that is probably as tortuous as the Gordian Knot.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's why an apostate banker needs to do some research. The Borg use their sheeple in key positions, why can't we?

The last DC cost me over $500 USD to attend. The contributions went from my wifes purse, into my pocket..

• zeb
    zeb

Hope Jesus remembers where he kept that thong of ropes...

• hoser
    hoser

Last year they had invited only certain congregations to a video link of the zone meeting. It was held at an assembly hall about 5 hours drive away. All the time I was thinking couldn't they have done the video link to each kingdom hall and saved the brothers a lot of petrol and a lot of time? Only at the end of the meeting did I realize what it was all about. A brother got on stage and started begging for funds to renovate the assembly hall. People were literally lined up to put money in the contribution box.

hoser

• hoser
    hoser

DATA DOG I do the same

My wife says did I bring money to contribute. I say yes I brought money. I just keep it in my pocket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit