Indianapolis, IN or South Carolina?????

by waiting 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alana
    Alana

<<Does anybody remember Don and Florence Sparks. Matt & Steve are their sons (Matt has about 5 kids in teens now), or Sue Stailey (& husband, Jack & 5 kids). Stailey son is PO in Kokomo cong.
    Florence brought me into the org - but she's still a fine lady. Any old Auto Trim Design people here - or Trim Line people? Lots of them in the Indy area>>

Yes, I remember Don and Florence. I liked them. I knew Mark Staley...he has a pilot's license and once he got about three of my friends from Irvington Cong together and they flew over here to Champaign IL...just to go out and eat chinese with me and then flew back. I thought that was so cool....

OMG....Trim Line!! I had forgotten all about that! Yes, it seemed like there were a million brothers in Indy and surrounding areas. My ex husband's cousin was all into that.....oh, the memories!! LOL

• borgfree
    borgfree

I guess you all know, but for the ones who don't, Dan Hall our ex-jw bro. in California founded and owned Trim Line.

Borgfree

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." -Anna Freud

• Barb
    Barb

Borgfree: Is Dannie that is going with you to Ca. Linda's son?
    I had also forgotten that Dan Hall owned Trim Line...the former JW here that I know is Steve Jackson. Another weirdo Westsider...I think that is sooo funny...No, really is a good friend...and Brenda.
    Barb

• waiting
    waiting

OMG!!!!!!!!! You know STEVE JACKSON????? The *slightly* short blond who looked (or at least got kidded a lot) about looking like John Denver? Lol, if the same Steve I knew well, he lived a loooong time on the Eastside going to Irvington cong. In fact, he & his first wife, Barb, got baptized at same time I did. We hung out a lot as families.

In fact, he'd remember my x-husband, (lord, don't we all), Doug, quite well. They were in TrimLine together.

And I didn't know that the founder brother of TrimLine is now an xjw. Always heard he was a smart guy.

Small world. If you talk to Steve, tell him Doug's x said *hey*.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Btw.........anybody know Greg James? I think he used to go to the Plainfield, IN cong. (East of Indy). He went to Irvington Cong. for a long time also - 70's.

*sigh* - another long lost friend

waiting

• borgfree
    borgfree

Barb,

Yes that is the Dannie, he and Allen have become good friends.

Waiting,

And I didn't know that the founder brother of TrimLine is now an xjw. Always heard he was a smart guy

Please don't let him know you heard that, his head is too big already.

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." -Anna Freud

• line6guy
    line6guy

Hi. Well, guess what. I am from Indiana, Anderson to be exact. Lived in Indy for 11 years or so. Moved to Spartanburg SC in 1998. The people that you mention I remember by name. I grew up "in the truth." You know. So, I know a lot of people. Especially when I moved to Indy. I think you mentioned the Needhams. I was in a cong with them at Lawrence, seems like. I spent time at College Park, too. Lots of time there. Just wanted to say hello!

Anyone know Larry Liggette? (Not sure of spelling)

Edited by - line6guy on 23 December 2002 16:52:45

• waiting
    waiting

Well, howdy!

Anderson, eh? Know the brothers who were real brothers who owned Trim Line in that area? Blonds, good looking if memory serves me. I believe their boys took over the business.....but they were a *tad* on the wild, unresponsible, side.

The name Larry "Lig'-ett" sounds sooooo familiar!

I knew the Needhams when they were in the Irvington Congregation - which isn't that far from Lawrence. I would assume they still lived in the little house Don built? He served as a pioneer down in Louisanna (or another swampy place) when in his late 20's/early 30's. He was not impressed with the swamps. Remember Jan's laugh? Capable of sending shivers down your spine if heard unprepared.

Glad to meetcha!

Spartanburg is about 1.5 hrs. from us. Would be shorter, but no way across the water.....just around it.

waiting

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Line6guy,

Yes I know Larry Liggett, we used to ride dirt bikes together.

Waiting,

I do not remember the names of the two brothers who owned Trim-Line in the Anderson area. Seems like one of them was named Steve.

Borgfree

• line6guy
    line6guy

I think most everyone knows Larry. He gets around. And, the last I knew, he's not married. But, I heard he's dating the daughters of girls he used to date! And, some have said granddaughters! :-) They are of age, though. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit