WT says flags are OK

by apostate man 6 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate man
    apostate man

Well, not now they don't. But they did. Look closely at the cover of this book and tell me Gods army does not have a flag. It says "JEHOVAH" on the flag.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, your into that sort of thing.
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

had to go get my copy down to see it. yep its there!

j2bf

• rekless
    rekless

they forgot to add the H

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

actually, I thought this was their new flag...

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

or perhaps one of these.....

• Earnest
    Earnest

Its not really a case of flags being ok or not. There are a number of places in the Bible where it refer to banners or ensigns.

Exodus 17:15 (World English Bible)
    "Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Yahweh our Banner"

Isaiah 30:17 (ASV)
    "One thousand [shall flee] at the threat of one...till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on a hill."

Numbers 21:8 (ASV)
    "And Jehovah said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a standard"

But my guess is that the cover of the book was based on Jeremiah 50:2 which reads (in the Darby Bible):

"Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and lift up a banner; publish, conceal not! Say, Babylon is taken, Bel is put to shame, Merodach is dismayed: her images are put to shame, her idols are dismayed."

Earnest

"Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandernatch!" - Rev. Charles Dodgson

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i guess the official policy really is... the flag is okie, saluting etc. the flag is not!!!!

well, at least that's what was put to me when i was young, and pointed out to then older brothers the fact that in a film (the first one released in the '50's (i think it was called Jws - the new world society, or something similar), that showed a yankee stadium assembly, lots of the tents used for assembly facilities had american flags flying over them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit