Canada Yearbook Stats [1973-2012]

by Richard_I 22 Replies latest jw friends

• soontobe
    soontobe

The Canadian population has actually dropped???

• steve2
    steve2

slimboyfat suggests an interesting view about an upward trend after years of spluttering, if not stagnating growth. An alternative view, not entirely opposed to his is as follows, immigrant subpopulation groups in western countries, rather than the home populations, constitute most of the seeming newer growth in Western nations. Hence, in New Zealand, my still in relatives tell me the second language congregations are doing well, setting fine examples whereas the home congregations struggle. Mid week meeting attendances are well down in some areas.

• xfasfdsfg
    xfasfdsfg

notice how much baptisms have dropped, especially compared with the mid 1970s. yes, trends in Canada are comparable with those in New Zealand and Australia. Karen Millen OutletKaren Millen 2013Karen Millen CoatKaren Millen Colourblock Dress

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

At Canadian minimum wage (average $10.00 per hour) the field service hours for 2012 could have produced $ 223,357,320. Thats nearly $2000 for each publisher, who we know could use the money.

I also love how the baptisms never keep up with the average publishers. Especially from 1995-2000. record amounts baptized, but not publishing. Oh, wait thats when I stopped......thats probably it.

As much as they try to deny the whole 1975 fiasco as being a marked year, their own numbers always show something was up.

tt

• talesin
    talesin

T he Canadian population has actually dropped???

Yes, it has .... the gov't is trying to get more immigrants ,, which makes NO SENSE because there are no jobs for those that live here NOW!

I guess we need more TAXPAYERS.

tal

• maisha
    maisha

it all went to hell after Ray franz was ousted.

• hoser
    hoser

The Canadian population has actually dropped???

Yes, it has .... the gov't is trying to get more immigrants ,, which makes NO SENSE because there are no jobs for those that live here NOW!

I guess we need more TAXPAYERS.

tal

move west young woman! Plenty of jobs for all

• Gayle
    Gayle

Since the WTS lowers the 'bar' to get increases on unsubstantial works anyway , could they, would they, lower the bar to get more baptisms? Like not the 100 questions before baptisms anymore? Like just "Do you love Jehovah?" and "Do you love Jehovah's organization?" Dunk, Dunk! And then just sort through their knowledge, spirituality, indoctrination, control, later?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Canada is in a growth situation because of immigration. In my part of Canada there are more jobs than people and employers are willing to look far afield to attract workers. The apparent drop appears to be the result of a correction from the 2011 census. The growth was not as much as anticipated over the past four years.

Factors of Demographic Growth

Note the declining birthrate.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

I NEED to move west... clearly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit