I What Ways Are Jehovah's Witnesses A CULT

by BlindersOff1 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mP
    mP

Given how many words have multiple meanings one can only determine that Truth(tm) Watchtower must mean something other than not lying of course.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

To those who are Jehovah's Wittness, Watchtower Governing Body followers, "Truth" is a Code Word meaning; do you accept the eight men in New York City as God's sole channel of communication between Mankind and God.?

Placing any man in the position of Mediator is the definition of Cult. Its idolatry. The organization and the Governing Body are feared and worshipped and Jesus takes a minor role as some angel in the background.

JW's are obsessed with the idea there must be a small group of men ( never including women) who are "special" a "Class" .

They take the phrase "faithful and discreet slave" and make it an idol, take it to mean something it never meant, take "stewardship" to mean something about an organization and the leaders of that organization. No such model exists in the teaching of Jesus Christ.

Just read the gospels, its only four short books, you can do it.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Village girl

• admirmitch
    admirmitch

Taken from the website: http://www.prem-rawat-talk.org/forum/uploads/CultCharacteristics.htm

I like the Univestiy of California explanation with my cursory examples:

Recruitment

1. Deception-Withheld information: Shepherd the Flock of God, hedge funds, etc.

2. Emotional Leverage/Love Bombing-Keep on coming to the door when they told "No."

3. Exploit Personal Crisis-Insert personal situation here

4. Crisis Creation-"Armageddon is just around the corner."

5. All The Answers-Question at bottom of page point to the paragraph.

Programming

1. Intense Study-Watchtower book study. John 14:28

2. Opposer Warnings-Seen early in the pages of each "introductory" book. I think the word opposer first appears around page 25 of What Doesn't the Bible Teach.

3. Guilt and Fear-Fear of judicial committee

4. Schedule Control & Fatigue-Field service

5. Attack Independent Thought-The Watchtower line from 1981

6. Divine Commission-Charles Taze Russell started the WT in 1879. Jesus and his "inspection" from 1914-1919

7. Absolutism-Disagree means disfellowshipped.

8. Totalism-Babylon the Great or the WORLD empire of false religion.

Retention

1. Motive Questioning-Run ahead of the organization

2. Information Control-Read heavily doctored quotes in material. "Should You Believe in the Trinity"

3. Isolation, Separation & Alienation-Goes back to schedule fatigue, all time spent with members.

4. Coercion-100% compliance

5. Phobias-Don't shop at yardsales, objects may be under demonic influence

6. Striving for the Unreachable-Chance of salvation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit