Help from the resourceful members of this site

by never a jw 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

For a while I have been curious about the specific contents of the pages that the WT (Bible Students) were ordered to remove from the "Finished Mystery" by the U.S. government.

Anyone knows where I can get those pages?

• flipper
    flipper

Sorry, can't help you, I threw out 99 % of my WT Society publications years ago. I know that some here have these older publications though. Hang tight someone here will assist you I'm sure

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I can't help you directly but suspect, as Mr. Flipper does, that someone will jump in here. If push comes to shove, however, here is a link to over 300 sources of "Finished Mystery" discussions. It'll take some digging through on your part to see if some are relevant.

Len

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I have the Book, The Finished Mystery. I can't see whay the government or anybody could care about whats in it. Its a vanity piece for Russell. Its a lot of nonsense.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

This forum discussion is from 11 years ago and has, I think, what you'd like to see. There, Blondie in her 38th (of some 40,000) post gives some excellent comparisons. There are others who chip in as well.

Len

• haboob48
    haboob48

I just read some stuff on Barbara Andersons site..............it is there......for sure!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Finally, here. The pages that were removed under orders by the U.S. government.

A few quotes from that forum post:

"It might interest current and ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses to know that Rutherford ordered the Bible Students to rip out pages 247 through 253 in all copies of The Finished Mystery in his last ditch attempt to avoid jail time. Surprisingly, the Proclaimers book (p. 652) partially admits that this happened (that the pages were removed), but does not explain that it this was done so that Rutherford could avoid jail time. ...

Below are my notes about those pages. I’ll let you decide whether the charges of "sedition" were false -- or not. . .

"People who display patriotism are delusional murderers acting in the very spirit of the devil. Patriotism is narrow-minded hatred of other people." etc., etc.

• zeb
    zeb

ah yes jail time. I often wondered why when there was the occasional 'resurrecting' of the the wts pricipals doing time in 1917 ?that so much was made of it. Still wonder, when they have set others up to go to jail.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Thank you guys for your hard work. You provided the clues that I needed. I had the book in my hard drive for a while. I went back and read pages 247-253 and couldn't find anything related to sedition. It was just the typical attack on "christendom". Don't JW's claim that Rutherford and the others were jailed by the instigations of "christendom?? Those pages seem to suggest that. They have a point if you assume that those were the pages that were removed.

Here's my conspiracy theory, which may not be original at all: JW's fabricated the story of "christendom" instigations to cover the actual charges of sedition. I decided to do a search in the PDF file of the Finished Mystery using the word "patriotism" and voila! It sent me to the very bottom of the file where the original pages 247-253 were. The person who created that file added those pages at the end of the file (pages 628 to 634 of the PDF file) So you have two sets of pages 247-253. The original set (removed) is defnitely seditious. The second, the legal one in the revised book, is about how horrible christendom (the pompous frog) is and has been for centuries.

• Newly Enlightened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit