an elder will be at my house in one hour HELP!

by Julia Orwell 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

We've missed some meetings due to work and thinking it's bs and also one night my husband got drunk n fessed up n had a shepherding call n now the E is coming to see 'how we're doing'. Help me please I dunno what to do.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Go out for a drive and take hubby with you, if he wont come then go on your own.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Read your first thread on this TOPIC!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

First...Relax. You know this elder. Be warm and friendly and invite him in. Don't be guilty about ANYthing. When he asks you how you're doing, say you're doing quite well, busy, in good health, but really quite well. Then ask about his family. When the subject comes up about your hubby drinking, chime in with how embarrased you both are about it all, and how it happened by accident and so forth.

How's that?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Tell the hounder that hubby was taking presription meds and

had 2 little drinks that made him drunk.

Works every time.

Also, don't divulge anything if the elder asks you the 'Loyalty Question' because he will

immediately consult with the BOE and try to get you to face 2 elders to answer it again.

The 'Loyalty Question' is:

"Do you STILL believe that Jehovah is using the faithful slave as His channel?"

Best to tell the elder that you are both depressed.

They don't know how to deal with depression and it scares them off.

• label licker
    label licker

Ask the elder if he would like to come in and be hospitable. Ask him if he would like a drink......................................................of tea or coffee:)

• Think About It
  • mP
    mP

Tell him your having a swingers party in a few hours and invite him to stay.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Being under the influence of alchohal is a very minor nono, in the org. Have hubby plead guilty to that. Then, just say that he might have sad some silly things while under the influence. Deny any doubts about the wt being gods channel or any heretical type thoughts. It was all the fault of the demon booze;)

S

• mP
    mP

<double>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit