Damn! He is back with the cult and even more zealous

by FingersCrossed 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD
    Trust me on this. The Kingdom Hall has a lure for men because they get to have Titles and think they are in charge, and they get to wear suits and ties and act like executives in a little fantasy land.

I would amend that to say, "The Kingdom Hall has a lure for [petty, little men with no real status in society at large] because they get to have titles and think they are in charge..."

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Most are going to say run and don't look back. Easier said than done when love is involved. But there are reasons for why ex-JWs give you this advice.

Ask yourself some of these questions.

Do I admire this man for who he is?

Is this man going to protect me?

Is this man going to stick by my through thick and thin?

Is this man attractive when he talks about his religion?

Is this man confident enough in himself to make his own decisions, and make his way in this world?

Would this man be someone I would be proud to introduce to everyone I meet for the rest of my life?

Is this man going to be a great father, teaching his children to grow up and be incredible individuals?

What I am saying is to think long term here, if possible. Do you really envision yourself with this guy for the rest of you life, happier than you are now?

• whathappened
    whathappened

He is not the man you want. Don't enter into a marriage no matter how much you love him. You will only bring pain and calamity to both of you and upon your children. He will never give up trying to get you to join in and as the "scriptural head of the house" he is obligated to raise his children in the cult.

You will always come in second, the organization always will come before you do.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Kingdom Hall has a lure for men because they get to have Titles and think they are in charge , and they get to wear suits and ties and act like executives in a little fantasy land.

Good description.

He will never give up trying to get you to join in and as the "scriptural head of the house" he is obligated to raise his children in the cult.

Another important point.

The JWS religion in its design is to make people firstly devoted to the organization, family becomes much less.

Thats why many families that have been involved with the cult are eventually destroyed.

If you want any evidence of that, ask some people on this forum, there are many here that come from broken families.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I agree with the point about his honesty. If he has a relationship with you -- a non-believer -- you can bet he's hiding it from the folks at the KH. Do you really want someone who is capable of living a double life like that?

It's up to you, but the combined experience of many people on this forum says, "run!"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Would even die rather than get blood transfusion. "

Would willingly die, and probably let you die, based on the misinterpretation of an ancient Jewish dietary restriction by a 19th century apocalyptic sect. Is that the kind of man you are looking for?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Kick him to the curb...

you can do better...

he will never be normal ..

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Marry me We can run from the cult together and never look back. I'm beginning to think its the only way out and maintain a healthy circle of friends and family

• steve2
    steve2

Your lovely JW husband-to-be will expect any children you have together not to have blood transfusions either if the medical need arose.

You might be prepared to put yourself through the stress of having a husband who is a JW, but how could you do that in good conscience to any children you two might have?

Regarding his greater level of zealotry, honestly, what did you expect? I suppose you can hold onto the hope that if his zeal can go up it can also go down. You are not the first love-smitten fiancee who holds onto the hope a prospective mate will change. Meanwhile, he hopes you will change. Marriage made in hell, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit