A question for those that have been around this board for a long time

by JeffT 52 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

My wife and I stopped going to meetings in 1988 and DA'd in 1989. For a few years we both actively participated in the xjw world, she quit doing that a long time ago, and has pretty much completely moved on. The other night I told her about my planned blog (which will probably launch this weekend) it will mostly be about my writing, a lot of which is mostly about JW related issues. She asked why I am still so drawn to this subject. I have my answer, but I'm curious what some of you (Blondie? Simon?) who have been doing this for a long time would say to this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Any effort that helps in dismantling this egregiously harmful religious publishing cult is a good effort .

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

It's theraputic.

• blondie
    blondie

We are what we are; to try and cut out part of our past is impossible. I work with people in groups that battle child abuse because they or a family member were abused; people who work in supporting victims of rape. It is no longer a case of helping yourself, but taking what you have learned to help others. Their experiences are not the center of their lives but a constructive part in balance with the other parts of their lives.

47 years of my life as a child and an adult were tied up with the WTS; some of my family are still in it.

If you have something to share, to help people not to have to re-invent the wheel, to learn that they are not alone in their experiences and feelings, and you can keep a balance, go for it.

Blondie

My husband adds, what do you do have a lobotomy? Hardly.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cofty gave a good answer to a similar question a while ago, something to the affect of helping others leave the organization.

• flipper
    flipper

JEFF- I can only speak for myself as to why after 6 years on this board ( joined March 2007 ) I continue to stay and post topics here- it's to assist any exiting JW's to see that there IS a happy life after being in a mind control cult and it brings me personal satisfaction to be there for newly exiting JW's as I know and understand how difficult it was for me to exit in late 2003 without much support or friends being there for me. So for me it's a combination dual thing to help people understand about freedom of mind by posting topics exposing the WT Society as well as being a support to them. It doesn't mean that I'm not healed from being in the cult, just want to help others , thats all. You might express that to your wife and see what she says. If in fact that's part of your motivation. We each have our own reasons

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ive been here 11 years I guess. Why? because your my family that the WT took away from me
    (MY daughter,grandkids,great grandkids )
    I also hope that telling my story about my 25plus year dedicated to the WT helps others NOT become
    robots for them as I was.
    A JW knocked on my son-in law door when Sue was out.( his wife Susan is my daughter that is out of the cults) yesterday
    & when he told them I was df because of 1914. He said they dont DF for that!!!!!!!My son-in-law
    told them I am well known in Fergus( where they were working yesterday in droves)So the guy
    read something out of Revelation ( He cant remember what it was) but it was supposed to point
    out my apostasy & that I was a liar......
    If your still a JW..... Lying PROVES from Scripture that you are the Devils tools.
    I KNOW some folks on here are still JWS in good standing.
    GRACE GOUGH( or as the WT calls me UNDESERVED KINDNESS)

• Giordano
    Giordano

got out in the early 1960's, my formative years including pioneering where the need was great, were and still are strong memories.

I ignored the JW's for a long time then two years ago and counting I discovered this site and others. I instantly knew what every one was talking about. This place is like a town newspaper, the kind where you understand the local issues and the concerns. Usually I enjoy the comments, somtimes I am touched by the sadness of some or their anger.

My JW experience fits into a larger context now.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LOL @ Underserved Kindness aka Grace

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well that is what they called grace LOSTGENERATION....didnt they??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit