John the Baptist beheaded on Herod's birthday. Why?

by leaving_quietly 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It was in this week's Bible reading. Mark 6:21: "But a convenient day came along when Herod spread an evening meal on his birthday for his top-ranking men and the military commanders and the foremost ones of Gal′i·lee."

Look at the various renderings of this verse. http://bible.cc/mark/6-21.htm

The fact that it was his birthday is irrelevant. It just so happened to be "convenient" or "opportune" for Herodias.

• tec
    tec

The fact that it was his birthday is irrelevant. It just so happened to be "convenient" or "opportune" for Herodias.

Agreed!

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

too much cake?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was nothing in that account that suggested that a beheading was part of a ceromony, religious or not.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It serves a sign that true Christians who strive to avoid Satanic rituals, would not celebrate birthdays in the last days, which evidently began in 1914.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Hey, you are all right...why didn't we see this when we were in. We were so freakin blind it isn't even funny. We just believed any reasoning they feed us.

• Sulla
    Sulla

As for why he consented to kill John, all you need to know is contained here:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/beyonce/135899/beautiful-liar.jhtml

After that, if Shakira asks for the head of John the Baptist, I'm choppin' his head clean off.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Sulla: Yes, I can see how that scenario could be very persuasive.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

One of my biggest regrets is the pain I caused my daughter by NOT celebrating her Birthdays and letting her invite all her friends from school. I remember her little face, and the loneliness of being raised in a judgemental islolating group of KH "friends" who did not really care about us at all. Because I was a single mom, they avoided us like we were "weak in the truth" we didn't fit the perfect witness family model. If I had it all to do over I would bake her a cake with candles and wrap up presents, and at Christmas we would decorate a tree and I would surround it with gifts for her. She still sufferes mentally from her childhood, and she was sexually molested by a brother, she blames me. But fortunately she has found a wonderful husband and he saw to it she went to university and now my two grandchildren are in university as well. And you should see how she does Birthdays and Christmas, its a huge celebration every time.

• Glander
    Glander

What do the historical facts about Christians, Jews, Islam and Mexican drug cartels have in common? A tendency towards bloody butchering of other people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit