For those still "in"... is it just me?

by leaving_quietly 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Scotoma - I started a new feed after I read your post. I agree and wanted to comment, but didn't want to go off topic...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey LQ. Honestly......I think its just you. You notice things now, you would not have before. If I look at myself objectively, that is alot of what is true with my perceptions as well.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I noticed that around the time I left the JW(2001) that it was getting unbearable for me to see everyone worshipping the organization. It seems that this currant Governing Body are displaying more and more a Narcissistic personality disorder.

• blondie
    blondie

But if you ask them for a specific point or scripture that was so great you will get silence. At a shower once with 30 sisters, all baptized 10 or more years, were asked to write down all 66 books of the bible, if there was a tie, it would be the one who had the most in order.

only 1 sister had all 66 and in order and won a nice prize

the rest felt it was an unfair game.........

I went to a dinner where there was a bible trivia game............it was embarrassing what they didn't know.

Those type of comments are CYA measures, a way to openly support the WTS, but what do they say when alone with their close friends as the tear apart people in the congregation, even making up events about them.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Interesting comments... maybe it is just me. Even those that once (and currently still do) complain about some aspect of the organization have seemed to go into this uber-JW mode. One elder, a very nice brother, generally quiet, one who I would consider one of my closest friends (we'd be closer if I could be open with him, but alas, I cannot be), recently made a couple of comments during the meeting that make me perk up a bit and wonder, 'where did THAT come from'? He's never been overly expressive about the organization, but this one went over the top, and it kinda shook me up a bit. My one of my relatives recently did the same thing and he complains a LOT about the org. It's been a strange few weeks. Maybe it is that I'm just now noticing how crazy it all seems.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Maybe they are trying to convince themselves. Some people for their own faith and life choices, turn on their OWN rhetoric in order to have their faith survive. Very common.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Scotoma - You have a Private message

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

I notice it in my JW inlaws, especially MIL. IMHO, the GB is afraid of all of the information available for the JW to educate themselves on the organization and have pulled in a tighter reign mentally over the past few years.

It's very annoying to be around someone who seems constantly afraid of the world and hear the canned responses they have to things going on around them. And the judgemental attitude, in my MIL's case.

My favorite is "the world just keeps getting worse and worse".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Kristina1972 - "My favorite is 'the world just keeps getting worse and worse'. "

Welllllll.....

For dutiful committed JWs, it probably is.

The 21st Century is not an environment that is particularly benign to an apocalyptic millennialist authoritarian high-control group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit