Instead Of Begging and Badgering Witnesses For Money, What Expenses Could The COs And Governing Body Cut-back?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The Watchtower is hurting for cash, the Circuit Overseers are asking everyone throughout the Industrialized World to donate their "valuable things" to aid the massive growth in areas where funds are not plentiful. The United States is covered with quarters and half-dollars on their streets, we just need to pick them up and put them in the donation box.

There are many areas the Watchtower can trim or cut costs to save money. Do we really need speakers from Bethel, New Bethel (Patterson) to give talks in the local Kingdom Hall? I did accounts and saw how much money were donated for various "black op" projects.

Save Money, The Local Brothers and Sisters are not able to afford vacations and travel around the World. Why should the Watchtower send the Governing Body to give talks around the World? This is not a free expense, it's quite expensive paying for the "Soon To Be Twelve" expenses in "First Class Accomadations" and eating out.

Same money by buying used cheap cars for the Circuit and District Overseer and have them work part-time at Walmart to cover their own health insurance and car insurance. Their talks and quality of taking care of the sheep, are Walmart quality, listen to Greg Laurie or James MacDonald, Jack Abelen and you will agree their speaking and shepherding skills are not worth minimum wage. Very few traveling overseers can give a decent talk or keep in touch with the modern problems of the modern family of the congregation.

What other expenses can you think of removing so the Watchtower can continue to stay afloat for another twenty years?

• jw07
    jw07

For me the more expenses the better! A DEAD Watchtower is a good Watchtower.

• 88JM
    88JM

Probably even more reliance on the website - i.e. print your own calendar, do the daily text online or with the CD-ROM, limiting printed yearbooks and daily texts in internet-connected countries to 1 per family etc.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Corporate America NEVER cuts costs at the top!

Doc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Beyond cutting expenses, they need to focus on generating a better product. People are willing to pay good money for quality reading material. If the stories were worthwhile, people could buy it just for the story value and not worry about abiding by it. Put out premium quality, stay private--not selling out to mass merchandisers, and not compromise. Top quality at full price is generally perceived a better value.

Once your quality is destroyed, you need to start cutting costs because people are not willing to buy cheap crap. Then, when you start forcing them to consume it, they start stinting on donations. Hounding them to donate usually drives them away, and they usually don't give anything at all. By further cutting the quality, you continue eroding your product. As the true value keeps going down, the donations will follow suit. Perhaps they should stop what they are doing, start offering a premium product, and charging full price (and honestly reporting it) so people (including worldly people, who would buy the product for entertainment value) wouldn't stint so much.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

The problem that I see is that the WT society doesn't even really pay for these things. I cannot tell you how many times my local KH had visiting speakers from "Bethel".....simply because our COBE was a former Bethelite and he has a lot of crony friends there. Always, always, always......after the speaker visited.....there would be an announcement that brother assclown incurred a total of $1,236 of expenses included airfare for he and his wife, meals etc. There would be a motion for our KH to pay for those expenses. Then some shmuck would say...."let's just send an even $1,500 back to Bethel out of appreciation". There would be a second. Everyone would sip their kool aid and then nod in approval. The motion would carry and the next thing you know......by sending a speaker to our congregation.....the society actually MADE $264 on the deal.

• yknot
    yknot

I agree with Wizard... quality and relevance is way down and JWs aren't as interested or invested. Thus already-JWs donate less (if any) and they goof on FS which impacts the rate of quality-donation-affording-would-be-converts......

The WTS's control model is also costly.....Mormon CO-equivalents keep their day jobs so they don't need church cars or insurances.

My final thoughts : .... with the appointment of GB Sanderson it is clear the WTS isn't looking for an exit amount.......they are just hunkering down and padding for lean times that post 2014 might bring......

• cedars
    cedars

Hiring helicopters and vintage cars to shoot videos like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52aNHCJB89Y

Cedars

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They won't cut back at the top. After all, aren't they chosen by God? Well God doesn't choose the rank and file so they are disposable. Bethel workers, cut them as well. The 8 annointed/FDS/Pedo protectors cannot allow their heal to touch a stone

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Wha Happen? How is your business venture going, I forgot to ask you if things were going as you planned. I am sorry for being so dense and being forgetful.

They should cut back expenses at the top, let the Ravens bring them meat to their caves for dinner. Instead of flashy cars, buy up old cheap 1970s Honda Civics to drive them from A to B.

Using Skype for teleconferencing a valuable talk instead of the $1500 bills incurred by our traveling bethel speaker. WT-Wizard mentioned a "quality product", those are hard to come by when they outsource all their manufacturing to the cheapest maker of products.

The Sheep need to complain about the "filler and horse meat" served to the flock as spiritual beef steak or meat. It's been years since I heard great material from the platform, most speakers would "phone it in" with poor speaking skills. The Society needs a "Suggestion Box" inside the Congregations to take surveys on "How Are We Doing?" and find out of they are delivering a good product as WT-Wizard said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit