BF vented on "apostate" websites

by FingersCrossed 12 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

1. This is the best religion out there, all of the religions are messed up but we are the least of the evil.

Use their own literature against them. They are famous for saying things like "if you knew the water you were about to drink was 90% clean and just 10% poison.....would you drink it anyway? Of course not. So why would you partake of anything Christendom has to offer just because "most" of it was "clean"? The same applies to JWs. Truth is truth. Saying we are the least of the evils is still not something to be proud of. That is like saying "yeah I beat my wife sometimes......but nowhere NEAR as bad as her last husband!!!!! Yay ME!"

2. I was taught honesty, integrity and a willingness to die for the Truth.

Agreed. The TRUTH. Jesus said to worship in spirit and TRUTH. If I can find doctrinal flip flops, suppressed information and outright lies within the very pages of the literature......then somebody needs to so some splainin. TRUTH should not change and it should NEVER EVER need to be covered up.

3. We have the most loyal group of loving brothers and sisters, no other religion has such a loving group of people who will stick with you!

The loyalty is to an organization. Your "loving" brothers and sisters only stick with you so long as you remain in the organization. Try fading away from the organization and see how many of your "loving" brothers and sisters are still loyal to you.

4. The friends would give their shirts off their backs if you needed help, their love is real, unlike Christendom.

See number 3. The "friends" will give the shirts off their backs..........so long as YOU remain loyal to the ORGANIZATION. Again.....try telling them that you believe differently and see how many shirts you get. That is not real love. That is the epitome of CONDITIONAL love.

5. Jehovah Witnesses are the only religion who follow's the Bible 100 percent, no other religion is like ours.

No. JWs follow the organization 100%. As the organization's views on the scriptures change.....so do the individual JWs. And you are not following the bible 100%. You are following a group of mens' interpretation of scripture. Interpretations that have, can and will change. Oh......and we can show you a plethora of rules and regulations that are NOT found in the bible. For instance......nowhere does the bible say you cannot celebrate your birthday......yet doing so is a DFing offense. If the bible does not prohibit it.....then aren't those that enforce such a rule in violation of 1 Cor 4:6? How is creating laws that go beyond the bible any different than what the Pharisees did?

6. No other religion get's the highest degree of quality Bible education, everyone else is stupid with the Bible.

In comparison to what? The line of reasoning is flawed. You are holding your existing beliefs as the standard for quality bible education. Much of the bible is open to interpretation. It isn't a matter of all the angles of a triangle adding up to 180 degrees. Besides.....your bible is quite different from the American Standard and NiV. Isn't it strange that most of the places where you bible is different just happens to be areas that set your beliefs apart? Could that be an eisegesis approach to translation? Oh.....and.....who translated your bible? What were their credentials?

7. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion who are not willing to go to war, all other religons are blood thirsty, ready to kill at a moments notice.

That isn't true. I can show you many other religions that will not take up arms. Even then......does a JW's refusal to take up arms give any evidence that Jesus selected your leaders as his one and only channel to dispense truth back in 1919? Let's look at what was being taught back in 1919 by your leaders since that is what Jesus approved.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I initially thought this website had a large number of whiners. People complaining more about their lot in life rather than issues with the WT. Then I later learned how the two are interelated

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I remember when I first stumbled upon this site a coupla months back after googling how many Christians there were in the first century. I read some of the things, had a quick flick through some posts, and then thought, "Haters gonna hate."

But I couldn't unsee what I saw - thank goodness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit