Most Creative Exit

by enigma1863 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I was wondering what has been the most creative/dramatic way ex JWs have left the religion. Has anyone ever faked their own death to start over?

• jgnat
  • Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

One that stands out to me was the guy that gave a public talk and stated his grievances from the platform and basically DAd himself from the platform. The story is on here somewhere.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

TS Link is right above your post

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yeah I thought of Little Toe too. I wonder what he's up to nowadays?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you look at the link above and go to the last couple of pages you will see what he is up to and lovin it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There were several Bros who did a similar thing to Little Toe back in the eighties, particularly in Ireland.

It had little effect on the R&F in general, but some of those close to them, family and friends, were often not slow to join them, so going out with a bang can be productive.

I have never heard of anyone faking there own death, but some years ago, before the common use of e-mails etc and the Internet, checking up was hard , so some invented fake Congregation Secretarys who wrote requesting Record Cards, and saying how well so-and-so was doing in their new congregation. LOL

Not so easy to do these days, if it is even at all possible.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Littletoe's talk was the best I have heard. There is a transcript of it at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/littletoe-disassociation-talk.php and mp3 recording of the full public talk at http://www.jwfacts.com/audio/littletoe-talk.wav

• carla
    carla

I would say Little Toe as well! If you haven't read about him take the time to now, it's worth it.

I miss Little Toe, if anybody knows him send him a hello from the board for us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit