Wild Theory on FDS New Light and Why the New Light

by Comatose 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

So first, let me explain my mindset upon reading the new light regarding the FDS. As has been commented almost universally I knew right away that a lot of people probably thought it was always this way. I found it shocking, but thats another issue. As has been stated, the comments I have heard so far are along the lines of: "So glad I'm part of the domestics now!" "I thought it made more sense." "I didn't really give it much thought." I thought thats what it always was."

So I found myself wondering WHY over and over. Why release new light that doesnt really impact a major doctrine or change much of anything for the average witness? Why release new light that isn't a refinement of a viewpoint but instead a complete reversal of one that seems kind of unnecessary? It doesn't make the end seem closer, it doesn't make the end seem farther - the two usual reasons for new light.

On another thread I read an idea about CT Russell and am stealing it partially. I wouldn't be surprised with the domination of JW info on the internet if they realise that anyone and everyone can EASILY see how wacko early stuff was. Pyramidology, seeming to court Masons, false god symbols all over covers and pages. Russell getting his start from someone else. Now that Russell is OUT as part of the FDS, he can easily be portrayed this way:

"Pastor Russell was a truth seeker. He was an honest and righteous man who deeply cared about learning bible truths. However, many of his early beliefs were found neccessary to be refined. Without the help of the spirit appointed FDS body he made errors as any imperfect truth seeker can do. Imagine how happy and thrilled Brother Russell is right now in heaven as he see's the refined product he helped to start. Imagine his joy at seeing so many truth seekers finding the one true channel through which they can learn about Jehovah and survive the imminent and rapidly approaching end. Let us pay close attention to the FDS as this rapidly closing door slams shut on this system."

They may just out him with the new understanding and thereby acknowledge the wacko stuff and stress it is what is taught NOW that matters, origins are just a start and not important. I could see this being a very touchy and complex topic. Spin machine would need to be in turbo mode. The articles needed to explain this or the assembly parts would take a great deal of work. Maybe this is why it is taking so long to get a thorough explanation.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I can clearly see major changes within a few years from now and this year's 2013 district convention will probably bring some interesting things...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well all those publications of his, (which are still published), really makes a mess of the inspection of 1919 or 1918, (whatever it is), as most if not all of his beliefs will get u df'd nowadays. I suppose it's easy to portray him as an honest truth seeker that got it wrong.

Of course it doesn't asnwer why God would choose a small group of misfits over a larger religion that had the numbers and wherewithall to distribute bible truths over the entire earth. After all in 1918/1919, they all celebrated the same holidays

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nothing changes the fact that the FDS parable, was just that, a parable. I agree that demoting CTR was a long time coming. Somehow Rutherford must be next. He made up plenty of crud that is easily disproved, and he is supposedly a member of the FDS. Give it another 20 years and they will somehow prove that Rutherford, Knorr and Franz were annointed gone wild and were replaced by Herd, Morris and Splane...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't expect this year's convention being any more exciting than the ones before. I've learned through grinding monotony that any changes in policy is subtly slid in. One would have to have a photographic memory to pick up the difference. I don't know if I can stay awake long enough to catch it.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't think the GB cares about Russell enough to change current doctrine because of him.

Few JWs today have any idea what he said, nor do they care.

They consider everything he wrote to be "old light" which was "corrected by Jehovah" in due time.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Even believing JWs seem to know Russell is being thrown under the bus.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Russell? Who is Charles Taze Russell?

We don't need no stinkin' Russell!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Russell's just GOTTA be rolling in his grave.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

You know, I'm sure this must have been pointed out by someone else in this site before, but by all accounts if the 'slave' was appointed in 1919 then Rutherford was the FDS for many years, since a GB didn't exist then and back then the president was the one who had the final word on what went into the publications.

To say that there was a GB in 1919 is just a blatant lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit