Everlasting life is a free gift. Or is it?

by hoser 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hoser
    hoser

At the meetings I hear from time to time that everlasting life is a free gift from Jehovah, but from a Jehovahs witness point of view is it really?

You will not receive the "gift" if:

you miss meetings

you are not regular in field service

work overtime

get a college degree

have a business and entertain "worldly" clients

I haven't the time to calculate the cost of "free everlasting life" so I invite your comments

hoser

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are also a Talmud's worth of rules to obey. Many come directly from the Washtowel itself. They dictate your dress code while at boasting sessions or in field circus, and the exact words you are supposed to say. Many more come from the hounders, and they often add more to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's own rules. The hounders come along and dictate how you are supposed to get to and from field circus and the boasting sessions, and sometimes custom make rules to prevent you from doing anything worthwhile or to destroy whatever value you had been getting from the boasting sessions.

Break just one of those rules, and you lose this "gift(??)". Even if the rule you break is broken in an attempt to keep another rule. They use the "brazen conduct" rubbish to enforce that one.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Hint: There is no such a thing as everlasting life, it may well be offered and used as a lure but it is no more real than lure on the end of a fish hook.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

THe district overseer actually said that it was OK for the watchtower to dictate everything!

He used the example in which jehovah telling the israelites how to wipe their ass (and excrements) saved them from many diseases

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

So little is this emphasized that most JWs are totally unware that the bible does indeed describe salvation as a free gift from God.

While the WTS occassionally pays lip service to what the bible has to say on this matter, the idea comes over very strongly that it is instead Salvation by Report Card.

Bill.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS turns a free gift into a payment for services rendered through a monthly field service report

which means, Jesus didn't have to die to atone for thier sins, because Jehovah's Witnesses can make atonement

as long as they keep up the minimum hours set by the boy's in Brooklyn

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

People complain about my long posts, so let me be blunt!

To get rid of Satan, God kills EVERYBODY on the general rule that God, as the creator, has the right to limit the life of his creatures. So everyone must die, regardless of being righteous or unrighteous. That includes God's belovede only-begotten son, Jesus Christ. This was a great way to get rid of Satan without hearing his legal complaints!

Then it becomes an issue of God's right to revive those who have died! God revives Jesus Christ, of course, and many other favorites, but he doesn't exercise that right when it comes to Satan.

So everlasting life is offered to those whom God chooses, but after they have died, whether symbolically or literally. That includes Jesus Christ!

So really, death is not that big of a deal if it is temporary. Death has a great sting only if it is permanent!

• Change Name
    Change Name

"

You will not receive the "gift" if:

you miss meetings

you are not regular in field service

work overtime

get a college degree

have a business and entertain "worldly" clients

I haven't the time to calculate the cost of "free everlasting life" so I invite your comments"

I have been going to meetings for three years and never had heard these things....

• bsmart
    bsmart

If you do any of those things you will be counselled regarding being weak in the "truth" and may be marked as such.

• Fernando
    Fernando

And there is the reason the Watchtower fears and hates nothing more than the "Good News" they falsely claim to teach - it renders them redundant at best and apostate at worst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit