From the Archives of JT #1

by JT 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thank you so much for sharing this informaton. I'm saving it so that I can always have it ready or easy access.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Hey happyman,

I agree with you completely, this is clearly apostate misinformation of the worst kind. It kind of reminds me of how people misrepresent two great men, Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein.

Both of these men did great things for their countries. The economic conditions in Germany increased greatly for most people under Hitler's rule. German kids were being well educated, and the German empire was increasing with the sage war efforts of its leader. Before the U.S. layed sanctions on Iraq, it was one of the more desirable places to live in the middle east. The middle class was well of, due to the secular style government kids were well educated, and as long as you were loyal the government, you were usually taken care of. The U.S. viewed Saddam as one of their more favourite guys.

Clearly, by people continually bringing up the Holocaust, this cast Hitler as some kind of monster. Why should we constantly bring up the bad in the man and ignore the good? Why should we bring up all the bad things Saddam has done (like gasing his own people), and ignore all the good he has done overall? Clearly, the detractors of these two men are just like those who constantly bring up the severe wrongs of the Watchtower while not giving their good deeds greater weight. Clearly, the good deeds of the Watchtower should be outweighed by the bad? Clearly, we should only discuss the good deeds of Hitler and Saddam, and right off all their "mistakes" as not so bad because they also do good?

(I'm not being serious people, I'm trying to make a point, OK?)

Go therefore and baptize the people in the name of the father and of the son... what the hell, we just need to bring up the yearbook numbers!

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Great post JT, I will email that to my mum, it all helps!

Happy man: I see you are still trapped in that catatonic state of ignorant bliss, you really need the ECT reality shock treatment and then the dark curtains will fall and the blinding light of reality will glare you in the face, then, and only then you will really see clearly what a terrible mess surrounds you—not an nice experience to have, but cathartic and very, very necessary one. Whether you wish to serve God sincerely, or get on with life without God, you can only do that with a full comprehensive knowledge of all the facts, and unfortunately you are still in blissful denial. Have you read Ray Franz’s books? They are a good basic starting point for balanced and reasonable examination of the Watch Tower Society. Until you allow your human questioning element to surface, you will never be open to reality.

Open your mind; you will see things that will amaze you!

• artful
    artful

JT.

Great post. This ties in nicely with the upcoming JW 'Special Talk' which the speaker is instructed to 'build up a sense of urgency in the brothers'

happy man.

You are correct that there is much positive to be found in JW teachings. The same of course can be said of the basic beliefs of many religions.

You are also very correct in saying that JWs are 'UNIK' and that 'we are all the same,same belife,same goal'.

However, that fact that large number of people can be convinced to latch on to a belief system doesn't necessarily make it correct (see crownboys reference to Hitler). Take the time to analyze the tenets and decide for yourself.

cheers
    artful

• JT
    JT

Great post. This ties in nicely with the upcoming JW 'Special Talk' which the speaker is instructed to 'build up a sense of urgency in the brothers'

What is the special talk on

• JT
    JT

Nemesis

I HOPE IT gives her food for thought

james

• artful
    artful

The 'special talk' is normally delivered to the dubs the week after the memorial. This year it is entitled: 'Keep Close in Mind the "Fear Inspiring Day"!'.
    an outline of it can be found at http://observer.org/

'Events that Make up the sign of Christ's Presence' is a section that makes up about 1/3 of the talk. This focuses mainly on the 'Composite Sign' misinformation...with the removal of 'this generation' I guess the 'CS' is all they have left to whip the dubs into a frenzy!

cheers
    artful

• teejay
    teejay

Amazing... the quotes you can find by using a few words to search the Wt's CD Rom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit