"It is so obvious to someone just doing a cursory study of the Bible that they simply have no idea of how to read and understand it, let alone any real insight"

by WildeLover 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

hi

in another thread Phizzy made an interesting point

It is so obvious to someone just doing a cursory study of the Bible that they simply have no idea of how to read and understand it, let alone any real insight.

I am curious as to some simple yet strong points the WBTrash socierty have so very obviouslsy and clearly oten wrong?

as the WBTrash society have a comeback for every "error" that could be pointed out is there anything that simply dont have a smart-alec answer for?

thanks

WildeLover

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yes ishiah 44 24 compared to john 1:3

• erbie
    erbie

WBTrash Company...

That's so cool!

• prologos
    prologos

Current JW beneficiaries have inherited a terrible messed- up doctrine dogma and can not make themselfs denounce it. their livelyhood depends on it.

One of the former Presidents, either R-- or R--** called those that point out errors to the them, the elite: "little dogs that snap at my heels", not to be payed attention to.

** not the R&R (Rolls Royce) of bible study for sure.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There is not one thing you can say that JW's will say "we are wrong" about.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

one hope.. they have two..

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Jesus is NOT the Archangel, Michael Heb 1:13 In any other translation except the NWT, The Living Bible Translation, says "And did God ever say to an angel, as he does to his Son, "Sit here beside me in honor until I crush all your enemies beneath your feet?" Jude 9 In the Greek Diaglott published by WTBT$ the word for word translation of the Greek word for, "May the Lord rebuke you." The spelling of the Greek word for Lord is the same one they use for Jesus, not God. So how could Michael the archangel tell Satan that if HE was Jesus???????

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hey ! you naughty Wild boy you ! Good to see you still posting here !

What I meant by that comment was that the WT, in common with many Bible "based" sects who believe it to be both inspired and inerrant, do not read it as it should be read.

Any text that comes from a previous time has to be read with an intricate knowledge of the times the writer lived in, his culture, the moral and religious beliefs and practices of that culture, the politics, etc etc. In addition if you are reading a translation you need to check what the usage of the words and phrases of the time was.

Often the WT has fallen in to the "Etymology Trap", looking at the basic origin and meaning of a word, and not the usage at the time.

The point is, as with any ancient text, it cannot mean now, what it did not mean then. You also have to look at the writers agenda, why did he write this? who for ? You also have to have an appreciation of genre, is this Poetic, Allegorical, Historical, Myth etc ?

The WT seems to miss all of that and more. The examples of them doing this are so many it would take a library to list them. As I said elsewhere, my default position is if the WT has an explanation for a scripture it is wrong.

• designs
    designs

Rabbi Hillel, Arius, Calvin, Darby, Miller- Wt. Leaders went down the grocery isle and picked a little from this and that to make a bouillabaisse

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Karen Armstrongs The Bible - The biography:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2964435-the-bible

Read it, then read it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit