Time of Trouble: Knocking on the Door of Jehovah's Witnesses (interesting article)

by ldrnomo 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oh my, she is so bang on about KH's being like funeral homes!!

And why don't KH's have windows? I was once told it was because too many KH windows get vandalized (no surprise there). Is this really the reason?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

He must have visited a pretty crusty congregation, and I've seen ones like it. The ones around here are pretty vibrant though, thank goodness!

• Eustace
    Eustace

He must have visited a pretty crusty congregation, and I've seen ones like it. The ones around here are pretty vibrant though, thank goodness!

That's been my experience as well.

The problem is that even the more vibrant congregations have the same structual problems relating to the disfellowshipping policy, discouragement of higher education, breaking apart relationships for the sake of "serving where the need is greater", biological clocks frittered away for the sake of pioneering, etc.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Everybody post your comments at the article

I had to use google chrome IE 10 wouldn't function there

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

and the questions and answers in the article... is obvious to most I've spoken to who attended a meetings on invitations..

It's a red flag.. of indoctranation..

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks for posting. What a great "experience" lol...great writing. I love seeing how "we" - I use that pronoun very loosly - are seen through the eyes of those evil worldly people.

I love these articles that make JWs look ridiculous without being "apostate"...something like this I can leave open on the computer and share with my wife. Thanks again LDR.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have kept a very low profile for years in Witchtower Lala Land. Most of the younger dubbies dont recognise me.

I no longer attend, which means if I see them on the way to a meeting they think I am a worldling.

On meeting nights they always get on the bus or subway looking miserable. Avoid eye contact with other passengers.

In 1999, I was on holiday in France, and it was memorial night. I wasnt going I wanted to dine with my friends. A convoy of cars passed. Miserable faces peered out from the black clothed people inside. I just knew from the sour faces they were going to the reject Jesus fest.

Witlesses only really smile when they are overcome by delusional euphoria at the Kingdumb Hell.

HB

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Good writing. Very few people have even the slightest curiosity about the JWs (something that we exes sometimes forget), so it's interesting to see a person with no connection to it to be able to quickly and thoroughly grasp just what an empty, cold, and zombified thing JWism has become.

The writer captures the KH experience very well - I remember my very liberal Catholic father telling me that he'd like to come to a JW Sunday service sometime (he didn't know anything about the JWs - again like most people he had never paid any attention to them whatsoever). I don't remember exactly what I said but somehow I managed to head him off on that idea. I was mortified at the idea of anyone from my family witnessing first-hand the weirdness I had gotten caught up in, right down to the pre-recorded piano and wince-inducingly awful songs, lol.

• 88JM
    88JM

I'm glad to see the craziness is still readily apparent even to non-JWs.

The writing is very well done indeed. If I didn't know any better, I would have almost said it was an ex-JW. She picked a good week to attend as well - that Watchtower article was extra crazy, especially with the follow-up.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

nicely written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit